What are you running this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoulCatcher78, Dec 29, 2019.

1. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

I'm bringing back the Hot Springs Island expeditions for two sessions this year to see how the survivors from last year deal with a rampaging Kaiju and a jungle trek back to "safety". I'm going to try something new and run a session of Kids on Bikes this year, I have enjoyed what I've been able to do with this system and playing it last year helped solidify what I want to show what can be done with it.

Scott M. likes this.
  2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Mostly the usual. The Circus Maximus Tournament. Only doing Wreckus Maximus this year, no Moebius Maximus.
    Also, running an RPG at a con for the first time ever.

SoulCatcher78 likes this.
  3. Thomas Tullis

Thomas Tullis Level 0 Character

I'll be running three slots of OD&D 1974 (my home campaign Vallis Mortis.)[​IMG]

sd8k, Scott M., SoulCatcher78 and 2 others like this.
  4. scottmaruna

scottmaruna Level 0 Character

What days/times did you submit for these?

5. Muddy

Muddy Level 0 Character

I'm running three home brew sessions using Blueholme rules, same as I ran last year and things went quite well.

A Tale of Two Temples - Deep under a long abandoned temple of Law, a temple of Chaos thrives and with it a sanctuary for outlaws and exiles. This knaves' haven now harbors the most famous thief in the known world, and the King has chosen you to bring him to justice. A low level 70's style dungeon crawl, characters provided, last year we were playing within within 15 mins. Everyone welcome, even if you played last year.

Of Rotting Earth and Weeping Stone - A temple dedicated to resurrecting ancient forces of chaos thrives under a long abandoned temple of law, desecrating all there that is sacred. Farmlands now reek of rotted flesh, stones weep blood, and unnatural fiends roam the night. You must learn what powers this chaos.... A follow up to A Tale of Two Temples, though everyone is welcome.

scottmaruna and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  6. I will be running the Deeper Dark trilogy for Amazing Adventures. I have the first Don't fear the Ripper submitted already and will be doing the other two soon.

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Cyberpunk 2020. Of course. Amongst other things.

SoulCatcher78 and Poindexter like this.
  8. Scott M.

Scott M. Footpad

Rendering Judgment
    Dark Trails / DCC -- Thurs. 7pm-12am
    The folks of the small town of Ash Bluff have been actin' a mite strange lately. Mild-mannered church-goers have been tusslin' with one another and spoutin' nonsense. Little Jimmy Granger bit the deacon's ear off! Sister Mary is at her wits' end when a party of white hats wanders into town. Help unravel a dark mystery that could lead deep into the dusty wilderness or even to the big city

Soul Storms

Deadlands / Savage Worlds -- Sat. 7pm-12am
    It's 1874. The Civil War has been over for five years, and now awful, unprecedented storms strike out of nowhere. Rain batters cities while otherworldly lights & noises drive residents to mass hysteria. President Lincoln assembled your team of storm chasers to get to the bottom of the devilish deluges. Play mad scientists, gunslingers, holy men, martial artists, alchemists, mediums, and more.

Scooby Doo and the Ghost of Vault 74

Savage Worlds -- Sun 10am-3pm
    The Apocalypse can’t slow the Scooby Gang down! Old man Wilson says there’s ghosts living in long-abandoned Vault 74, but that’s just a bunch of hooey. Big green super mutants? Sure. Giant radioactive scorpions? Of course. But ghosts? Hop in the Misery Machine and play badass, mutated, Mad Max versions of your old favorites: Scooby, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, Velma, & more. Debunk that Wasteland funk.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  9. Oops. Looks like I put two adventures at the same time slot. How do I fix this?

10. sd8k

sd8k Level 0 Character

I am running my 5E conversion of the Twofold Talisman (Dragon April 1984). I plan to even use the old RPGA scoring sheet just for a laugh. I am running it all 4 days.

scottmaruna and SoulCatcher78 like this.
  11. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

You’d have to “Ask Caroline”. :D

12. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Which she won't see here...

sir jon likes this.
  13. dekelia

dekelia Level 0 Character

I'm running a Tegel Manor game I've run a few times before, two different Metamorphosis Alpha 1e games, and Tomb of Horrors.

I love Tomb of Horrors and so many people have the wrong idea about it. I'd like to try to fix that. It isn't a "killer dungeon" it's just a dungeon with harsh consequences for bad play.

Rogue, SoulCatcher78 and scottmaruna like this.
  14. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

And it's really for of an "Ask Skip" question.

15. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Which is great...cause he is here!

16. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

Expedition to the Barrier Reef. a high lvl module for OD&D (1974) . i converted S3 into an Aquatic Adventure

17. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

And I got to playtest it! It was a blast!

Poindexter likes this.
  18. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

19. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Lost Treasure of Tyaa, a Lankhmar/Nehwon adventure using AS&SH for the rules

AD&D 1e living megadungeon. This will be it's inaugural event.

(the fact that "megadungeon" is flagged as being misspelled on this site is a bit ironic)

20. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm running two games using FFG's Genesys system:

Into the Wasteland
    As long as you can remember, Vault 30 has been your home. A few years ago, a virus swept through, devastating the population. Now, with too few personnel for maintenance, you few survivors face failing systems and a scarcity of supplies. To make matters worse, the air filtration system was damaged when Security took out a radscorpion. Has the time come to move out into the wasteland?
    (Fallout using Genesys)
    Friday 8AM
    Friday 2PM

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, 1980s Edition
    Jack Burton, MacGyver, B.A. Baracus, Sarah Conner, Melina Havelock, and Doc Brown join forces to recover the Supreme Being’s Map of Creation from the evil sorcerer David Lo Pan. It’s up to the League to stop him from traveling the space-time continuum and collecting villains from multiple eras to take over the universe!
    (I previously ran this, the last year GC was at The Lodge, using Fate Accelerated)
    Thursday 8AM
    Saturday Noon

SoulCatcher78 and Scott M. like this.