Gary Con XII Event Submissions Closed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skip, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Cross posted from Facebook:

Okay.
    I have some mixed news this morning, but first, some announcements:

Event submissions are now closed.

Event scheduling is now in full swing. GMs, watch your email boxes for automated messages that TableTop events generates as events are scheduled. You also can find details right in your TTE account, go the the Gary Con XII page, find the Host pulldown, and choose Events I'm Hosting.

Now for the "mixed" part.

We have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to event submissions this year and it's not likely that we'll reopen event submissions. In fact, the rush of submissions that followed my reminder on January first has likely exceeded our available gaming space.

I certainly did not expect that.

If you submitted events after January 2nd and you don't have a personal email from me confirming that your events are accepted then they're still in the queue, awaiting approval. We won't be approving any new events until we have a better idea of where we can put them.

As things stand now, Friday and Saturday are packed and there just about no chance that we can approve any more events for those days. If you've requested times on Friday or Saturday and you can run Thursday or Sunday instead, consider editing your events and changing your preferred times to Thursday or Sunday.

This post is getting long, so I'm wrapping things with this:

The Gary Con crowd never fails to amaze me. You're the best.

Poindexter likes this.
  2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Thanks for posting this here.

Rogue likes this.
  3. I submitted two events at the same time. Can we get this fixed?

4. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

Yes! Thank you for trying to keep these forums “alive”.

Rogue likes this.
  5. Skip

Cross Posted From Facebook

Addendum to my post on January 6th. We currently have 50+ events stuck in limbo because we cannot schedule them at the times their GMs have offered them. Today, we created an automated email and sent that to all affected GMs. It explains the situation and shows what times when we can schedule those remaining events. If you have an event, or events, that haven't been approved, now is the time to act so that we can get those events onto the schedule. Check your inboxes (and perhaps your spam box as well).

6. Skip

What are the full titles for each of those events?

7. William Walters

William Walters Level 0 Character

I just wanted to say thank you for all of the work that has been put into scheduling this year’s Gary Con. I was one of the people whose game was in limbo. I followed the instructions on the email and my game was approved a few minutes after it was sent. Thanks again.

8. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Echoing William Walters! Skip, thanks for reaching out and for going beyond!

9. Skip

Cross Posted from the Facebook Group

This is a big one, folks.

Dave and I are declaring event scheduling complete!
    Event submissions will remain closed.

In the past 48 hours, there have been substantial changes to the schedule, with some events leaving (mostly due to GMs cancelling) and other events being added as we collected all the stragglers. Those of you who have been combing the schedule, looking for gaming gems would do well to take a new look today.

Just a reminder: Event registration opens at noon, USA Central time on Saturday, February 1st for Diamond badge holders

10. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

That'll do, pig. That'll do...

11. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Skip, thanks for all the hard work!