GC13 Event Registration (IMPORTANT - TIME CHANGES!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mordrin, Mar 1, 2021.

1. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Begins in just a week

One note - about something I didn't realize right away. GC is always experimenting with events and registration, trying to improve the con experience. Last year, they did away with the long-standing practice of Premium/VIP/Gold events, in favor of a staggered registration for different badge types.

This year, they are using staggered registration and Premium events. (Elementals get 2, Astrals 1, and Ethereal 0). See the "Special" column for events designated "Virtual Premium".

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I noticed that the premium events seem to be concentrated in mainly one category. Will there be more premium events in other categories like Adventures League?

Is check-in in discord required before event registration? If so, any idea on when that might be available for Elemental Badges?

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Times have changes for two of the badge types for event registration.

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

• Ethereal Badges: 8 PM CDST, March 17th, 2021
    • Astral Badges: Noon CST, March 13th, 2021
    • Elemental Badges: 8 PM CST, March 9th, 2021

Note the differing times.
    Also note that Ethereals go after clocks are moved ahead for Spring, the other 2 go before the time change happens.
    Lastly, note the 17th is St Patrick's Day, which seems like a kind of an odd choice. Although I would hope and encourage people not to be out partying at a packed bar/home for it this year.