New editions of classic games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bighara, Jun 16, 2021.

1. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Good morning, lovely peoples! I wanted to take a quick, informal survey: How interested are potential GC 2022 attendees in playing the more recent editions of some classic games? During this past year of lockdown, I've set myself to learn CoC 7th ed., the new Runequest, and 2nd ed. Mongoose Traveller and was pondering signing up to GM a game or two next year.

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

When it comes to non-D&D RPGs, generally I'm just looking for some variety - don't really care too much about edition, just looking for a GM who is welcoming and helpful with people who don't know the system.

3. Kubo

Kubo Level 0 Character

It’s not difficult finding players for a Call of Cthulhu, 7th Edition game. I like it better than earlier editions that I have played. Just remember that in some ways you don’t play the game as written (i.e. slow descent into insanity as a campaign) for a one-shot game of CoC. Unlike modern games where some players whimper over their character’s death, CoC players for the most part don’t mind if every character dies or goes insane before the game ends. (And many players actually revel in a TPK).

Poindexter likes this.
  4. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

perhaps revealing that playing the game is causing a slow descent into insanity... :)

Kubo likes this.