Gary Con Open Tournament 2022

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Sep 1, 2021.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

So you want to run an organized event. So you want to be a part of an elite game that's been a part of Gary Con for ten years. So you want to be a part of gaming tradition going back to those halcyon days of early gaming. Well, look no further - I need you. Game Masters, if you're interested in running up to three game sessions, I'm your guy. Message me here or via my email, [email protected] to get all pertinent info.

Players - keep an eye out for the Gary Con Open adventure, where you can potentially win glorious loot! Listing to come soon. (Not to be confused with the Legends of Wargaming/Gaming Tournament from that grand wizard Paul Stormberg, FYI.)

2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Still looking for people!

3. Zarathon

Zarathon Administrator Staff Member

Hey Jon, have you tried posting on #Gamers-Seeking-Gamers on our discord? https://discord.garycon.com or our FB Group? The forums are going to be sunset pretty soon as we don't have a lot of users. Most folks are in Discord/FB.

If you'd like a tour of discord, let me know. You can message me here.

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I've been to Discord and it's like washing with sandpaper. I'm happy the new majority of GC seems to be comfortable with using it but for me it just isn't even a consideration. If you want to share out my contact info there, I'm more than open to converse with people through emails. I'm a little tired of having to jump to multiple new locations for a singular event every few years - I have too much going on in my regular daily life to keep up with the mercurial internet.

5. Zarathon

Zarathon Administrator Staff Member

We've been using FB and Discord for a couple years now, but it can feel like a moving target. It can be frustrating to try and find a source of truth for things I want to stay on top of, so I feel ya. I'm in IT, so we often like to joke, "The future was yesterday" - meaning we're already behind. :D But it's all an adventure and I try and find the good in it.