My female dwarf has 18/76 strength! Huh?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by thorkhammer, Jun 4, 2010.

1. thorkhammer

thorkhammer Level 0 Character

Okay, all you Stephen Hawking brainiacs out there, I need some help with this one.

I can simply use DM fiat and then there's no need to justify anything. But, still, your thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

The situation: my dwarf npc cleric. Let's say her stats are: S14, I14, W18, D15, C16, CH15. Only, she goes undead hunting and falls victim to a lady vampyre named Sukula. So she avoids the "charming" bit, but ends up dead. Her companions manage to drive Sukula into gaseous form at which point she escapes. Then, they take poor little Gretilla home and bury her. 1 day later she rises and makes all do haste to the location of her Mistress, where she serves for many decades as a "lesser vampire" under Sukula's control.

So, Gretilla becomes a vampire. Vampires have 18/76 strength. Does Gretilla?

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Things that make you go hmmm...

Someone should be along in a bit with more knowledge, as my books are not near me. Good question though.

3. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

The character is no longer a 'dwarf', but a supernatural creature in a small runty package. Normal racial restrictions shouldn't apply.

4. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

any human or humanoid creature becomes an appropriatley strengthed vampire. as mentioned earlier,character no longer character so now you go by the vampire writeup in monster manual.
    of course,as a dm,you can always alter whatever you want. make dwarf a weaker version with less str and power but all the same weaknesses.

5. amalric

amalric Level 0 Character

Again, what he said.

And if this happened to a PC, they're now undead and I'd say out of the game. Unless people have wishes and stuff to bandy about.