Games I May Run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Aug 13, 2010.

1. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Last year, I ran two sessions of Paranoia, 2nd edition. While I could run that again (certainly, with the right group, it's a lot of fun), I thought I might do something more serious at Gary Con III.

I already have a Star Wars (WEG D6) adventure prepped for Con gaming: Escape from Echo Base. I ran this at Gen Con '09 and still have all the battle maps, characters, notes, etc. for it. It created several memorable moments for the players.

I'm also kicking around the idea of writing a D&D Rules Cyclopedia adventure to run. Gotta come up with an interesting plot, though. It might be hard to get back into writing an adventure for a game that has races as classes (still a great game, though).

EDIT:
    Temple of the Mountain God (Dungeons & Dragons - Rules Compendium)
    Duke Stefan Karameikos and his wife, Duchess Olivia have hired you to rescue their daughter, Lady Adriana, who foolishly rushed off to deal with a rumored threat far to the north in the Black Mountains. Lady Adriana is a warrior of great renown. What dangers did she encounter?

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm going to run at least one official game. Dunno if it will be AD&D, the old Crimson Skies board game, a space combat game using the Full Thrust! rules and WizKid Rocketmen minis, or maybe an OD&D/Barsoom mashup, wherein the heroes have to wrest a Red Martian Princess from the evil grip of the White Martians.

JediSoth: I'd actually like to give WEG Star Wars a shot at some point. So if you're soliciting input, +1 for WEG d6 SW.

3. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The Star Wars game is almost a sure thing, since it requires little to no prep work on my part, so fear not!

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

cool. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I can fit it in. I get the feeling I'm going to be running a lot more games at GCIII than I play in.

5. Axiom

Axiom Level 0 Character

I plan on running at least one Gamma World/Mutant Future game and one Star Frontiers game.

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

Oh snap! Star Frontiers. I love to kill Slathers. :D

7. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I'll be running at least one AD&D game, and maybe a Star Frontiers game of my own when it won't clash with any other SF games.

8. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I was hoping to run at least one game, official or otherwise. Currently, I'm thinking either BX/LL or Mutant Future.

9. Axiom

Axiom Level 0 Character

Yeah me too! Plus, I figured there would be a lot of D&D/LL games going on... Gamma World is my favorite setting.. but my players never like to play post apoc, its fantasy or nothing. So, at cons I get the chance to run games in something else sides fantasy :D

10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Does that mean if I play in a game you run you'll kill me first there, too?

11. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Totally! I am a traditionalist, after all! :lol:

12. jeffery st. clair

Just let us all know when we can officially register these games.

13. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I will try my best to fire that tradition into someone else's dice-rolling space. :mrgreen:

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Calander, on main page, says event submission begins september 5th. :)

15. jeffery st. clair

That's what I get for only paying attention to the forums.... Duuurrrrr.

16. greg

greg Level 0 Character

Would there be smiting if I was to run a 4e D&D game?

17. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Probably just a few evil eyes

18. francisca

francisca Troubadour

:lol:

regardless, we need to make sure we knock back a couple spotted cows together!

19. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Get him loaded BEFORE the game Jon. And could we stop talking about NG beers until I can actually have one???

20. jeffery st. clair

The whole Gygax family will be there. At the risk of offending our gracious hosts, I'd consider running an earlier version if I had to run a D&D game. Then again, Luke might be okay with it... ask him.