Gary Con III Art Work - Jeff Easley!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

Just to give you guys (and gals) a heads up- we now have the line art drawing from Jeff Easley (yes, THE Jeff Easley) as he is doing the art work for GC III!

If you are going to Gen Con you should see the flyers floating around announcing the GC III gathering in 2011. This flyer is the "Gen Con proto-type" old school feel. It looks really good, and I can't wait to see the full colored version.

So a big thank you to Jeff for being this year's featured artist, and supporting GC!

More details to come...

ETA: Here is a GIS of some of his paintings:
    http://www.google.com/images?um=1&h...a=1&q=jeff+easley&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

That's awesome, Dale!

Speaking of artists, I talked with Larry Elmore a bit at TrollCon and mentioned GaryCon to him. He said he'd heard about it and that it was like "homecoming" for a lot of the people that once worked at TSR. I told him that he should try and come next year and he said he'd think about it.

Man, it would be awesome seeing guys like Easley and Elmore in the same room. My friend, Redd, (who's the one into art) who explode at the magnitude of it all.

You guys keep up the good work and let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I've already cleared out that week and my wife's coming with me next year.

Derek

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Thanks, Jeff!

4. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Very cool news. Yes, thank you Jeff. Looking forward to the reveal, and your attendance would be an honor.

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Jeff is being very supportive of Gary Con and it awesome to have him do a piece for us. I was stoked just to have him attend last year. I will invite Larry Elmore this year. I meant to do so previously and I just plain forgot. I am pretty sure that Jeff and Larry are friends and they would probably enjoy hanging out together at Gary Con. We'll see what happens!

6. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Maybe I can talk Jim into coming up as well. He wanted to come up to GCII, but it just didn't work out. I think Clyde Caldwell is still in the area as well...hmm... :cool:

7. francisca

francisca Troubadour

NNNIIIICCCEEEEEEE!!!

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

That would be awesome, Luke. My friend, Redd, (the big, tall red-headed guy) is a big fan of Easley's work and was actually talking with me about him last night. I mentioned the earlier post about him on this board and he is excited about GCIII. I'm hoping he'll be able to come with us next year because he really enjoys all the artwork.

I have to admit that, for even a fan like myself, I didn't realize the extent of Easley's work until recently. Many of my favorite fantasy pics were made by him and I'm hoping to turn my current home office in a place to display some Easley & Elmore prints....as long as the wife permits. (I may have to watch out for any that include scantily clad elven vixens. :cry: )

9. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Yes . . hopefully you've put Larry and Jim in touch as Larry is very interested in getting caught up with Jim and coming to GaryCON - so mebbe Jim will go!!

Derek, funny I talked to Larry about the exact same thing . . .

Anyway, excellent news about Jeff Easley!

:D

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Of course you did! Weren't we supposed to be promoting GaryCon at TrollCon? That was part of the deal, right? ;)

I was fortunate I got to talk with Larry. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to all the great artwork at GCIII. I'm saving up my pennies for the auction!

11. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I would love to throw down some dice with Larry Elmore. He's my favorite fantasy artist and my wife's too! It's always a highlight of Gen Con to be able to gush over his artwork in the Dealer Hall.

12. silas

silas Chevalier

I love Jeff's stuff, it just explodes off the page

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

On top of the fact that Mr. Easley is an incredible artist, after meeting and chatting with him a bit at GC2, he struck me as a hell of a nice guy to boot! I'm glad to hear that he is stepping up his participation. Before long I hope that all the ex-TSR folks make this their one-stop-shopping trip for gaming cons. I know I will keep flying out from DC to attend! GC is the best con going, hands down.

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

I don't think I could have said it any better. I fly in from Virginia Beach, and no way could I ever think of not attending- even if I did not have a role in Gary Con.

The fun, shared memories, and creating friendships that I could not otherwise have. Is it March yet? ;)

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Not yet! But you can sure bet come February I'll be a post whore fanatic!! :D

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh, Deek, why wait until February when you are so good at it? :eek: :lol: ;)

Dale, that's exactly why I will continue my newfound tradition of coming to Garycon. In the last year or two, I have made some good friends, almost exclusively due to GC. I have had the honor of chatting with some of the heros of my youth and now have been able to "update them" and interact as men on equal footing (well, I will confess I still have some hero-worship :) , but being older now I can see the icons of the industry as simply fellow gamers, albeit esteemed ones).

And the friendliness that good ole' Deek and the missus' showed me and my friend Jimmy when we arrived in Lake Geneva is unparalleled. I will always appreciate the personal tour around town and the ride over to the Next Door Pub!

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Ahhhhh, yes. How true! Tis' a beautiful way to allow my brilliant intellect to shine forth & warm all those that indulge in my written pearls of wisdom................ :roll:

(Gotta go find my boots, it's gettin' deep in here.)

18. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

:D

19. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Too late for boots, better try to find your chest-waders....

20. qstor

qstor Level 0 Character

Someone should see if Larry and maybe Skip Williams could make it :)

Mike