Gary Con III Art Work - Jeff Easley!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Skip said he is coming this year :!: And I'll ask Larry if he is interested.

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

That is pretty cool (Twain: damn cool) that Skip will be attending! If Larry can find it in his schedule how awesome would that be?

Is it March yet? :D

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OMG :shock: I haven't see Skip since we were freshman in high school! This is gonna be awesome!

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Skip Williams? Man, that would be great. Always wanted to meet that guy. Only time I ever "spoke" with him was back in the day on the ListServ. I think it may have been owned by WOTC....I can't remember if it was them or TSR at the time.

We debated the barbarian class for 3.0 and he made some good points.

5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Skip + Penny were at Concentric (or CodCon, I forget) here in Glen Ellyn last year.

Don't know about this year.

6. Melf

I emailed Larry a few days ago- no response yet. ... :(

7. qstor

qstor Level 0 Character

He's probably busy with a con schedule. IIRC at least that's what he said on his FB page a few weeks ago.

Mike

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I assume you're talking about Larry Elmore if I'm following this thread right. When I talked to him at TrollCon he was definitely showing an interest. He seemed to like the idea of seeing a lot of the people from the early days of TSR.

Definitely would be an awesome time seeing all these artists.

9. Melf

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I would love to see Larry make it to Gary Con along with Jeff Easley and Erol Otus, Jeff Dee and Tom Wham (of course). The more the merrier!

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

:shock: Now that would just blow me away. I can picture a banner or poster where all these guys just draw a simple sketch and then sign it. Afterward, put it up at the auction as a wonderful memento for GC III.

I confess that when I was youngster playing D&D I loved all this artwork but didn't know the names of the artists until I got much older. Now those names just draw me in (pardon the pun) and make me try and find as much "old school" artwork as possible.

11. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

THAT would be indescribably pure awesomeness. :shock:
    And would also, with nary a doubt, make me really, REALLY wish I had (at least relatively) vast sums of $$$$!!!