So who's planning ongoing to GC3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Druvas, Sep 11, 2010.

1. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

I'm trying to convince him, he is facing some problem but I'm still pushing him, give me some time more ;)
    It will help me to recognize you... the beer, not the dresses of course! :lol:

2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Somebody told me I was already going, so I asked for the time off in advance. I hope work remembers.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

:lol: zing! When you get to the hotel, just come straight to the bar and there I will be sampling the New Glarus on draft. :D

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Whadda ya mean? I'm takin' some well deserved vacation time during GC 3. By the time you get there I'll probably be in the corner, UNDER one of the tables. :lol:

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I should be there by noon or so, based on my arrival time last year. If you are UNDER one of those tables, I'll wager it's not because you are passed out... :D :lol: ;)

6. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

will be there again. part of the herd of people that know Totan.
    might run an event. if so, might base it on a good ole horror movie "Stripper Zombies". lol.

7. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I'll be there. Running AD&D and Star Frontiers.

8. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Woot for the SFs!!

I'm in . . (if possible depending on the schedule)!

So, I guess this means that I'll be at Gary's CON.

:D

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Depending of whether I have free time between planning my class and keeping up with the classes I need to finish for graduation, I'm hoping to run Basic D&D as covered in the Rules Cyclopedia and Alternity.

10. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

I'll be there, probably with the AxeMan covering my back, as always.

I'll be running something so new that nobody has even tried it yet (at least successfully), as far as I know (OD&D, natch).

Looking forward to seeing Luca and Gianfranco again; G., you better show up. I owe you a thrashing at something or other to make up for the one you gave all of us at Ernie's that night. There will be no slack for furriners this year.

The Byron Memorial Circus Maximus Race promises to be bigger and better than ever this year; we'll have two heats and a Final of three laps on my new track. The final will have some special rules.

And, as always, looking forward to seeing old friends and doing a little power-gaming.

As I was changing over my shirts for the season (shortsleeves put away, longsleeves out) I realized, as I came across my GC I longsleeved shirt that there are only

170 days to go!!!
    I'll be there on Thursday; no way I'm missing out on any of that Pub pizza...

11. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Plane ticket purchased today. Troubles with pdf form to reserve a booth, so I sent an email in, Dale.

Cheers,
    Jeff Talanian

Now I have to book a room ...

12. pana

pana Level 0 Character

Room booked. Plane ticket bought, event ticket and shirt bought. saving up money for event!

running Hackmaster Basic demos, and a event with terrain we have been fleshing out on another thread. I am really looking forward to it.

Pana

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Have it planned out that we will be there. If all goes well, the wife will be with me this year and it seems my friend Redd will be coming as well unless he gets a new job. (The census ran out and let's just say retail makes it hard to move up in the ranks.)

I've already got a bunch of doubles of "old school" goodies that I'm hoping to bring for the auction if I can find room in my little SX4. I'll probably be up a few days early to visit with Jolly & Barb so if you guys need any help with setup let me know. I always enjoy helping out anyway I can.

14. Rex

Rex Footpad

Out of idle curiosity, is anyone planning on bringing their kids along this year, especially ones around the age of 10-12 or so. Reason being, I've got some friends of mine that really want to go, but alas, being modern parents, they have produced offspring that would never have survived in the wilds of the childhood of any of us in our 40's or so.

As such, since said children can't be left alone in the state of Illinois for fear of them burning down Chicago, then attacking and eating the survivors, my poor 'Con deprived friends either A: Have to take children that are relatively as harmless to their environment as a Class 5 Huricane or the Yellowstone Caldera eruption, TO the Con, B: Bribe a Grandparental Unit into watching them in their Tiger Cage for a day or so, or C: Perhaps, there will be other rugrats their age running about underfoot, and the entire morass could be directed into something cool like a few boardgames or what not. (Not to mention D: Not Go, which would be a shame because I would have to listen to them point out they couldn't go because.....again....and again...heh)....

Now granted my perceptions are a bit colored because I've avoided producing any such spawn myself (mostly out of fear for my own life, and I can't stand the little buggers on my lawn for some reason), but I used to and still do game events for kids and schools and such (Cause kids are cool when they behave, and gaming is a far better hobby then Grand Theft Auto), and not to mention there are still a lot of age appropriate gaming out there to keep the little tykes occupied in a manner that wouldn't be featured on an episode of Dexter...

So....anyone else planning on dragging their munchkins along? I've found out that kids tend to get along better at things like a 'con, If they have other kids to run amok with (aka, someone setting a good example)....Otherwise I'll see if I can call in a few favors I have out there and have one of the Lion Tamers or Big Game Hunters I know watch the critters so my 'Con deprived friends can at least get two days of GC in. :D

~Rex

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

There has been some chatter on the boards about bringing some young-ins & last year there was some mid to elder teens there. Most of the event judges have families, know how to handle kids & don't mind 'them' in their events Me, (being the father of seven, & grandpa to twelve) I just place a roll of duct tape on the gaming table & calmly explain to 'them' that I have already explored the entire venue, & know exactly where all the remote closets are located. :twisted: It also helps that I stand 6' 3", weigh 270 lbs. & have facial features that closely resemble Charles Manson.
    The Charles Manson effect comes from the original seven. :lol:

16. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

You know what would be cool? If there were enough kids and interest in such, a class or two on how to make their own games that don't involve computers, televisions, hand-held devices, etc.

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I like that idea!

18. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

You should see what I'm teaching college kids. :)

19. Rex

Rex Footpad

All you really need for that, is a large enough group of, hmm, those Kid things. Considering the depth of talent already commited to Garycon, a "Look Kids, you can do this!" class/seminar, would be a snap. At about the age of the "terror twins" that my friends produced, one of the nice folks that also lived on the base came in and demonstrated some miniature games for us, and well, after getting to be hands on in the Battle of Trafalger, I was hooked.

Granted, that was back in the days of if you had a TV Antenna that you could point different directions, made you one the lucky kids on the block, but the idea, is still a good one.

~Rex

20. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Sadly to say this year Gianfranco will be not with us, I also have to change some of my planning and scheduling (and money savings)...