Event Submission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Sep 5, 2010.

1. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I've just submitted a third event for Sunday, AD&D 1-4, "Regarding Hank." The party is offered a bounty to rid them of Hank and his "pets."

I suppose I should post the actual descriptions, but I'll save that for another time.

Ah heck, I'll post it:

Event Title: Crusader's Gauntlet
    Game System: Castles and Crusades
    Date: Friday
    Time: 10:00am
    Duration: 8 hours (7.5 hours)
    Required Skill Level: Beginner
    Number of Players: 8
    Event Descripton: "A fortnight ago on a moonless night, craven subhumans entered my demesne and abducted my daughter; a mere 11 summers." So sayeth the King of Hypole. Her whereabouts are known as is her abductor. Your simple task is to simply travel there and retrieve her. Then again, maybe it's not so simple...

Levels 1st through 3rd

Event Title: A Long-Dead Secret
    Game System: AD&D (1st Edition)
    Date: Saturday
    Duration: 6 hours (5.5 hours)
    Required Skill Level: Advanced
    Event Descripton: What secret is held in the Heathen cemetery? One of the members of your fortune-seeking group has inherited an old and musty scroll that states great riches may be gained from an unnamed underground complex, the name and location of which is magically hidden in a crypt in the cemetery. This too is unnamed, but certain cryptic passages indicate how it might be found and under what conditions the location of the dungeon will be revealed. Then, it's just a matter of travelling there and wresting the wealth from within.

Levels 4th-7th

Event Title: Regarding Hank
    Date: Sunday
    Time: 2:00pm
    Event Descripton: Hank loves animals. Hank has several interesting "pets." Hank is rumored to care for a retarded, reclusive brother. You hear this as you're accosted in Lortmilton while traversing the Hinterlands of Veluna. It is shortly dark and you are approached by strangers in the village square where you are told a tale. It seems Hank and some of his pets have been raising hell and havoc in this area of stout sheep and goat herders, hardy subsistence farmers and independent miners. Each of the hamlets, crossroads, rest stops and assorted other interests have contributed to pool their resources with Lortmilton's to rid them of this scourge of the countryside and their lives. They have collected an assortment of coinage, minted far and near on Oerth amounting to 125 gpv and you, obvious adventurers, are being offered the bounty on Hank. By the way, Hank is a giant!

Levels 1-4

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Thanks for the heads-up, Paul: I'll definitely try to schedule around your games so I can play in one again (may have to try for the Fire Opal once again, although trying the good guys in Bodenburg or the Moathouse would be fun, too!).

3. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I should mention that I much prefer running home characters rather than pregens, though I will have some available. Your own creations bring something to an adventure that is just missing with pregens. I will be bringing my own PCs to play in others games, so I practice what I preach when possible.

It's also been my custom to relieve players of their character sheets if their character dies irrevocably, both in my home games and at cons. I would change the names "to protect the innocent" and use them as NPCs. If any have a huge problem with this, I can forgo the custom. Having said that, in spite of my sig, I'm not looking to kill any characters, just challenge them to the point of death.

4. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Paul, I direct your attention to the Summer 2010 issue of Military Heritage Magazine. They have an excellent article on jousting and its evolution, as well as some info on scoring.

5. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I just submitted for two Learn to Hack sessions, but only got one confirmation e-mail.

6. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I just resubmitted the second event.

A note concerning my original events: I'm encouraging the use of home characters in them, but for the two low level adventures all my pregens will be 1st level. If you want a bit of muscle for "Crusader's Gauntlet" or "Regarding Hank," you'll bring your own heroes.

I'm working on "Regarding Hank" right now and it's just a straight-forward slug fest. I'm putting in a rewarding twist at the end, but to get there it's a slog through the trenches. You'll definitely need a cleric, maybe two. In addition, it's an overland adventure, so that's a heads up as well.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention... I don't want anyone crying foul, so I'll let you know that in "Regarding Hank," the party is subject to random encounters until they reach the range of Hank's pets. Random encounters have no relevance to party level, they're just baddies that anyone might meet in the world. If one is rolled, it may very well be deadly if engaged, so pick your fights judiciously.

7. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Here are my 2 events; I may submit a third---we'll see....

Event Title: grodog's Castle Greyhawk
    Time: 2:00pm
    Required Skill Level: Expert
    Number of Players: 10
    Event Description: Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk: will you pass through the Forgetting Door seeking Zagig's Experimenta Demens, recover The Shards of Abraxus from The Wall of Blades, or assault the Heretical Temple of Wee Jas? You decide! Bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 8th-12th level pregen PCs will be provided.

Event Title: grodog's Castle Greyhawk
    Time: 8:00am
    Required Skill Level: Expert
    Event Description: Explore grodog's version of Castle Greyhawk: will you discover Kuroth's Quill in the Halls of the Iron Golems, assault the Leaden Cathedral, or plumb the depths of the Waterworks seeking The Black Reservoir? You decide! Bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 8th-12th level pregen PCs will be provided.

@ Paul: I forgot to double-check your schedule before submitting these, so, naturally, I'm in conflict with the two of your events I haven't played before. Sigh....

8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Hope I can get in on your table this year^

9. grodog

grodog Troubadour

That would be great, Jason. Do you and Jon have any special releases planned again for this year?

10. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Yes sir; we'll be releasing the adventure In Dungeons Deep for sale at a booth this year. It can be played as a standalone or as a sequal to The Cabal King, which will also be available. We should have some art prints and posters too.

11. howandwhy99

howandwhy99 Level 0 Character

Just the one submission for me this year, but it is the first time I will be running a game at GaryCon. I played a lot the last couple of times, but I'm happy to have an official event. Any interested parties are heartily invited to become seadogs sailing on the high seas.

Event Title: Press Ganged to the Wayward Isles
    DM Name: David Bedell
    Game System: OD&D (White Box) with Wooden Ships & Iron Men
    Time: 6pm
    Event Description: Become a privateer, willingly or quite not so. Protect the Principality's shipping lanes, while its navy is away at war. Battle pirates on the high seas. Claim their ships, their loot, and women. Explore the secrets of the Wayward Isles. Raise your flag and command your crew. Weigh anchor, for adventure is upon you!
    This is a homebrew sailing module for Original Dungeons & Dragons including rules from Chainmail, Wooden Ships & Iron Men, and Wilderness Survival. Rules are learned as you play. No experience necessary. Strong imagination a must.

12. mark

mark Spellbinder

I've submitted a few and will have two "off the books" since one is an informal Thursday evening event and the other is a boardgame that not only doesn't quite fit the slot schedule but might be supplanted by an alternate boardgame, depending on the interest between now and March.

13. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Events for Pre-Registration due soon!

14. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Here are the details of the three events I've submitted for Gary Con:

Event Title: Castle of the Mad Archmage
    DM Name: Jon Hershberger
    Time: 8:00am

Event Descripton: A classic mega-dungeon in the grand tradition of the early days of the hobby. It has existed as an enigma for ages; still it remains, shrouded in mystery. Adventurers have come from all corners of the realm, seeking to unravel some of the mysteries kept therein and to relieve the Archmage of some of his material wealth. Have you the guile and the will to test your mettle in the depths of the Mad Archmage's Castle? Pregens of levels 7-8 will be provided.

Event Title: Castle of the Mad Archmage
    Time: 6:00pm

Event Descripton: A classic mega-dungeon in the grand tradition of the early days of the hobby. It has existed as an enigma for ages; still it remains, shrouded in mystery. Adventurers have come from all corners of the realm, seeking to unravel some of the mysteries kept therein and to relieve the Archmage of some of his material wealth. Have you the guile and the will to test your mettle in the depths of the Mad Archmage's Castle? Pregens of levels 7-8 will be provided.

Event Title: Staff of the Serpent Master
    Game System: OD&D (White Box)
    Time: Noon

Event Description: Deep in the jungles of Tenga-Xi, where once thrived numerous cities of early man, there remain several remarkable pyramid-structures. The last evidence that these civilizations existed at all, these pyramid-tombs are believed to be the final resting places of the greatest of the sorcerer-kings that ruled there. The last of these pyramid-tombs have yet to be breached...until now! Pregrens of levels 9-12 will be provided.

15. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Event Title: Spells n Stuff
    DM Name: James Potts
    Game System: Warhammer Fantasy
    Date: Fri 10-2, Sat 8-12, Sat 2-6, Sunday 8-12
    Duration: 4 hours (3.5 hours)
    Event Description: Based loosely on Games Workshop's "Tournament of Champions". Up to 10 wizards battle each other for power, treasure and glory. Continous signups. Characters and miniatures provided or bring your favorite Warhammer Fantasy battle mage. Wizard with the highest kill count in each of the 4 slots will have a chance at winning the grand prize. Careful though, the prize itself WILL get its share of kills.

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I think you've spelled continuous wrong, try uninterrupted. :p :lol:

17. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Event Title: HYPERBOREA
    DM Name: Jeff Talanian
    DM Email Address: ghul at comcast dot net
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea
    Dates: Friday (6:00pm); Saturday (2:00pm)
    Event Description:

Explore the frozen, impossible heights of Hyperborea's Spiral Mountain Array, where a nameless cave holds horror, mystery, and death. Wield steel and sorcery to face the hateful abominations within, and reap the glittering reward.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea is a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy. The game is inspired by the fiction of Robert E. Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, and H.P. Lovecraft; and the games of Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. If you are familiar with the classic forms of the world's most popular RPG, then you are well-equipped to begin play. Pre-generated characters to be supplied.

18. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I'd like to find another Warhammer Fantasy enthusiast who has some of the cool models of the special Lords and Rare units and would be interested in enhancing the gameplay for at least one slot.

19. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

My son's friend ran some Warhammer, at GC 2, last year. I don't know if he plans on attending this year. His handle here on the forums is "Doomguy" if you would like to PM him. :)

20. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

My events are in!

Event Title: The Terrible Truth of Blackwater Bay
    DM Name: Chad Parish
    DM Email Address: [email protected]
    Game System: Gama World
    If Other, System Name:
    Number of Players: 6
    Event Descripton: In Blackwater Bay, the curse of the dark water has returned. Not since the Shadow Years have the tides ran black. Now the fish die and the surrounding villages starve. The elders have chosen you to find the source of the fouled waters and remove the curse of Blackwater Bay!

Hosted by the Dead Games Society http://www.dgsociety.com/
    Special Requests / Comments:

----------------------------------

Event Title: Two Heirs Too Many
    If Other, System Name:
    Time: 6:00pm
    Event Descripton: The Mountain King has fallen, long shall he be mourned. Now the sons of Prince Olinstaad Corond, vie to be the next ruler of the Principality of Ulek. However, rumors have begun to spread that Prince Olinstaad's death was planned. Can those closest to the former monarch unravel the plot before a murderer assumes the throne?
    A Dead Games Society event!

------------------------

Event Title: Prometheus Calling
    Game System: Star Frontiers
    If Other, System Name:
    Time: 10:00pm
    Event Descripton: Deep in the unexplored heart of the Chimera system, reigns a monster that devours anything falling within it's reach. A black hole.
    Trapped two years in orbit around this cosmic terror, the crew of Prometheus 1 detects an approaching ship. An answer to their distress call?
    A Dead Games Society event!