Snowpocalypse!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Druvas, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

So... We are getting a 2 to 2-1/2 foot snow storm in DC right now. Awesome. The local media can't decide what to call the storm. Here's what I have heard so far:

Snowpocalypse (seems to be the leading favorite at the moment)
    Kaiser Snowzey
    Snowtorious B.I.G.

Quite amusing....

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Just heard another one:

Snomageddon. :lol:

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I've heard Stormaggedon here on the West Coast.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

What about "Snowapaloosa?"

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

so after snopocalypse, we are getting another one. Another 1-2 feet on top of the 3 we already have. w00t!

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Northwest of Chicago, we just got Snowtilla of the frozen stuff outselves (maybe a foot in some places) and a mild earthquake. :)

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

It's our turn here in S.E. Wisconsin. Got a double punch, 6" Monday into Tuesday, then 18" last nite. Winds a blowing, drifts are drifting, (gotta 7' outside my window) & I don't have to work today!!!!!
    I LOVE SNOW!!

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Got about 18-24" in my northern satellite of Chi town. Open area drifting to 30". Mound at the end of the driveway from the plows 3' deep and 7-10' wide. Sheltered drifts easily 3.5'. SWEET!! Like the good ol' days! Took about 2.25 hours to electric snow throw and shovel self out totally and shovel a single path for an elderly neighbor.

Once I warm up, its time to start planning a trip to the local giant sled hill. :) WEEEEEEEE!!!

Be safe - have fun...or at least enjoy the pretty sights.

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

Drifts up to my waist out my back door.

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

'Snonami' tsunami snowin on me....say that 3 times real fast.

11. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

SnOWZZfest
    Snow Aid

Snowuptomyassandmore :lol:

12. wyrdbrew

wyrdbrew Level 0 Character

13. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Right . . twas insane snow here around Chi-town. I'm not exactly sure what the official total was. Didn't matter ~ The Wind made the insanity. 18" on the lawn, hehe - but 5 ft. drifts at the front door and 3-4 ft. drifts in the driveway!!!

Oh yeah, I shovel my roof too.

2 days of it and more shoveling tomorrow . . after my wife and I go cross-country skiing in the forest preserves!!

[Good thing my dog is light enough to walk over the drifts!! :) ]

Kiss off Jarle, I'll kick your frozen ass any day of the week. Yeah, Imma direct descendant of our Lord Thor!!

God Bless Winter Dark II, Gary Gygax, Thor and all our players at that event!!

:cool:

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Guess it's snow fair that you have to live in the path of the storm, eh?

15. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

:lol:

16. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Indeed, snow fairies and snow snakes are abound ~ but that's good. But, I have a Llasa apso and she is my protector and I am her's. Freya's day is my 2nd favorite after Thor's day.

:D

17. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

At least you have snow bunnies, right?