Getting closer........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Well, it won't be opened until I hit my hotel room. Legal beagle here. ;)

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

No worries, I was just kidding! :)

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

........says the man who was drinking like a fish, in the hotel parking lot, thursday nite before Garycon 2 until all hours, & who looked like what the cat dragged in friday morning, as he climbed into the cockpit of his Sopwith. Had a real hard time fitting his head into his flying cap. :p :lol:

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Ah, hahahaaa! Busted! Well, the hotel parking lot is a fair bit different than the drive to LG from MKE, lol. But, if I recall correctly, I didn't get shot down! This year, I'm gonna take out some o' them Crouts!

5. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

my vacation starts mar 18 so it will seem even shorter till the con. On vacation till tue the 28th so to have time for a 1 day of recovery. lol

6. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Less than 3 weeks. ;)

7. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Too soon, too soon! I have 3 papers and 2 tests to do before I can work on my adventures in more detail than the outlines and a couple of maps I've sketched out.

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I understand the feeling. For some reason, I thought I was getting a Spring Break in there somewhere this year but I'm not. It won't come until April. So, I'm actually going to be leaving right after a class and coming back just in time for another class. Argh! I can't wait until all of this is done.

9. smokin

smokin Chevalier

What's the scoop on local radio stations there?

I'll need to know the top country, top rock, oldies rock n roll and contemporary christian stations if any.

Couldnt find any other place to put this.

10. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

16 & a wake-up!
    I'll be there on Thursday night at the Pub, swilling Spotted Cow and snarfing pizza...

11. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Damn! I still have a ton o' work to do. This just ain't as easy as it used to be. :roll:

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

96.1 WLKG, does 70's Saturdays & 80's Sundays. (It's a Lake Geneva radio station.- the only one.)
    96.5 WKLH, does 60's, 70's & 80's. Good all around station. (Milwaukee.)
    95.7 WRIT, some 50's, mostly 60's & 70's. (Milwaukee.)
    97.3 WQBW, (The Brew?) 50's-70's. (Milwaukee.)
    99.9 WMYX, (The Mix) 80's, 90's, Pop. (Milwaukee.)
    Around here we just turn on the radio & flip through the channels 'til we find a song we like. Just about every number on the dial is used. :shock:

13. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Speaking of local activities... How do the majority of locals feel about us gamers converging on them?. Face it, some of us just can't hide it. Are we the pariah or the pious? Or just somewhere in between?

14. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Heh, I'm sure they don't mind as we mostly converge on the hotel. And if we do go out, we buy stuff and support the local and state economy (New Glarus beer!!!).

The real convergence . . mebbe more like an onslaught is summer when us flatlanders go up there and piss everyone (who is not a businessperson) off.

Hehe, probably not, those cheeseheads love us, right??

Lake Geneva is really a Chicago suburb!! :lol:

:cool:

15. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Wisconsin...Illinois' largest state park!

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Illinois has it's toll-booths.
    Wisconsin has it's tourists' traps.

Fair exchange. :lol:

17. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Illinois has it's toll-booths. Almost forgot, thanx for the reminder, gotta refigure budget now. Any guesses on how much from Des Moines direction?

18. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

A drop in the bucket, compared to the gas cost. Probably about 3 at $1, one way.

19. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

I'll see some of youse in 2 weeks from today and the rest of youse in 2 weeks from tomorrow! :)

20. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Two weeks!?! Wow, that's soon! :D