Gary Con I pics Pt I

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cuchulain, Apr 18, 2009.

1. cuchulain

cuchulain Level 0 Character

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frank Mentzer running whitebox D&D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ross (Rhuvein) and Mike Carr playing in an aerial combat game

[​IMG]
    Tim Kask
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

John (Seskis) and Mona Wright. John ran us through a C&C scenerio. I died and had my soul stripped of me and accidently unleashed a portion of the Dread God Tharzidun onto the world. Whoopsy.

[​IMG]

Gerry (Sir Osris) in the C&C game
    [​IMG]
    Paul and Tim from the C&C game

[​IMG]

Sir Osris won the honors as the best rpger of the day in the C&C game

Peace,
    Morty

2. cuchulain

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Kerry B running Adventurer

[​IMG]
    Jeffery St Clair playing Adventurer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tim Kast running Circus Maximus Roz from our C&C game is there

[​IMG]

Artwork of the proposed Gary memorial that will be in Lake Geneva

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jim Ward in/running a game

3. cuchulain

[​IMG]

Tom Wham

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the Kenzer Hackmaster game

[​IMG]

Is that Taco John in the back?

[​IMG]

John (Deogof) and a rerally nice fella whose name I can't remember this morning (even though I talked to him for about an hour :<) I believe he's associated with RPGBomb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John showing Chris Clark roughs of his upcomming game Harvesters which will be published via TLG. I saw some of the Jim Holloway art that will be in the game and it's sweet.

[​IMG]

Ed (Arthnek over at Dragonsfoot). Ed played in the C&C game (a rather funny is disturbing eunich-cleric of the god Placebo). He's also a really great artist whose got alot of pics up over at DF in the art forum. Check it out. We talked a lot of art/shop after Seskis's game.
    [​IMG]

Ross (Rhuvein) I know you can't believe he's not actually hooked to a computer terminal (because he posts so much), but Ross actually finds time to interact with humans through speech as well! I kid, Rhuvein is one the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

4. cuchulain

[​IMG]

Frank Mentzer and Luke Gygax at the game auction

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jolly Blackburn auctioned off an original to-be-commisioned-by-the-winner piece of art

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tim Kask wrote a special limited edition module for the con, giving one copy to Luke and auction off another. There will be only 5 copies of the module in existence, so I think the winner got a steal here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John (Seskis) Wright presented to the Gygax children commemorative roll of the C&C Society memeber list as well as prints of some the art that has appeared in the Doemsday book.

Luke, Heidi, and Elise were in attendance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kerry, Ross, and Chris Clark playing Adventurer

5. GeneWeigel

GeneWeigel Footpad

Hey theres a lot of familiar faces. Nice pictures.

That memorial is a good idea. I believe it needs a more "Gary-ish" font type though... "Century Gothic" in the DMG always makes me think of Gary! ;) Although it might not look as good chiseled in. The above font for "Gary Con" looks great.

6. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Thanks for the pics! I guess I should post mine up here as well in the near future. :arrow:

7. Donal

Donal Administrator

Well, stay tuned, eventually the main site re-vamp will be up and running and we hope it'll have an extensive photo gallery section.

Of course, feel free to post your pictures here as well.

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Link in my signature.

9. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

10. FlyingWhale

FlyingWhale Level 0 Character

I was very excited by the puppets in the first picture! I won't lie! Man, I'm REALLY hoping I can attend this next Gary-Con in March! It looks like everyone was having a lot of fun. It also looked like a bunch of people hanging out together. NOT a lot of vendors and exhausted people...

11. FlyingWhale

FlyingWhale Level 0 Character

I looked at the pictures again. I have to say, there are some great shots here. The lighting was really good. Everyone looks so excited!

12. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I hope you make it to Gary Con next week too! It is a great time and I am happy that our intent shows through in pictures, The idea IS to focus on gaming and fun- just like my Dad always enjoyed. We did include a few vendors this year at the request of the people attending.

See you there!

Luke