Board Games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by caalas, Mar 16, 2011.

1. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

Last year I brought a ton of board games and left them in one of the rooms for anyone to play. I was going to bring another huge load again this year but I wanted to gauge the interest first. I had a great time teaching a few new players Ticket To Ride and the other games made for some great filler. Did anyone else enjoy them or we're they just in the way?

2. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I am bringing Iron Dragon for sure (Wham's autograph is the reason I'm comin (well, one of em). Sorry for steppin' on your post there. Board games do get a bad rap at RPG Cons but that is sometimes where the rare 'gem moments' come from. I say bring em all. ;)

3. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

You must not have noticed, but loads of peeps were playing board games. That room was always crowded. I played in many and enjoyed them all.
    I don't know about you, but I noticed one guy put stickers on all his games - I guess to keep track of them and so that peeps could return them to his table.

See ya next week!

:)

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Garycon is about gaming; RPG, mini's, cards, board gaming....it's all the same. It's gaming!!!!
    I say bring 'em!
    BRING 'EM ALL!!! :D
    (Besides, I need to see if there are some I DON'T HAVE.) :lol:

5. Donal

Donal Administrator

Caalas, I would encourage you to bring your games again this year. We are working on our own Games Library to supplement what our attendees bring as well. I'll send you a list of what we might be bringing to avoid duplicating too many titles.

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

That room was very crowded, I suspect largely because there were boardgame options for any and every taste. The people who brought all of those boardgames (were there two?) are Gods of GaryCon. ;)

7. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm bringing two prototyped card games. Last year, I got a couple of people to play, but I botched the explanation of how it worked. Hopefully I can get some more people to try it this time around as I have a better grasp on how to deliver the rules in about 5 minutes.

If you hate corporations and how they work, you'll like my games.

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

They were certainly worth having IMO. Thank you for bringing them.

I'm going to bring Fire and Axe, and probably Divine Right.

9. welleran

welleran Footpad

Definitely bring them...the open board gaming was a lot of fun!

10. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

I'm so glad that everyone enjoyed them, in that case I'll be bringing them for sure. Last year I brought about 30-40 this year I'll truck up about a 100. Including my latest ebay find Mattel D&D Labyrinth http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4746/dungeons-dragons-computer-labyrinth-game

I was really happy that they were treated so well and I didn't loose a single piece! I hate writing my name on anything; books, games, etc. I think this year I just print up note cards and stick one in each box. Anyone have a better suggestion?

11. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Thanks so much for sharing with us all. Last year I mostly played assorted board games and besides your pile Tom Wham always has several of his own creations ready for play. I left several of my own games unwatched for hours on end and found that the gamer who responds to the spirit of Gary Con is a far more honest sort of person, than many that we meet at other shows. My brother Alex stopped to talk to a young lady at a Gen Con a few years back and set his Magic Deck on the table... Now someone else has the Dual Lands, Moxes and Black Lotus that my dad had been able to set him up with. Of course maybe that is the karma of Magic the game you buy victory, some skill still needed.