Looking for Thursday Night Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greg, Mar 18, 2011.

1. greg

greg Level 0 Character

Anyone else going to be at the lodge thursday night? Two of us here, will be arriving at the lodge around 6:00-6:30PM on Thursday and looking for a game.

2. greg

greg Level 0 Character

Anyone up for a game around 9:00pm to 1:00AM so that we can fit in the next door pub in the equation prior to the game?

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

I'll be running a game in the lobby (or open gaming area if it is available) on Thursday evening. It will be an easy to pick up and play Medieval Fantasy S&S-style game. I'll have some pregen characters ready to go.

4. greg

greg Level 0 Character

Do you have a time in mind? Are you planning on heading down to the next door pub?

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

After stopping by Lake Geneva Games today, Jason said he will be running extended hours at the store during Garycon, if anyone needs/wants a place to play.

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

I'm thinking 8ish for what I plan to do. Gives me plenty of time to get settled in, eat, and say some Hellos at the pub before returning to run that game. It will be informal so I am fine with people showing up late but jumping in anyway. It will also give some people who are signed up for the three games I am running over the weekend to do some recon if they like or check out how the system works.

7. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

I'm hoping to arrive sometime around 8 pm. If I'm not exhausted from the 9 hour drive, count on me to join in the game.

8. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I'll be in MKE about 5:30. Druvas is supposed to pick me up, so, at the Lodge in LG shortly thereafter.

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

It might be closer to 8:30 or 9 before I get back from the Next Door Pub because we've been running a touch late all day. Travel plans never quite follow a proper schedule. I'll try to be in the hotel pub area.

10. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Does anybody like the idea to start Gary Con IV on Thursday? Just a suggestion/request to the staff.
    [​IMG]

11. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

I like the idea....I'm just not sure I could survive without significant re-vamping of my con practices....
    :shock:

12. Dale

Dale Administrator

We have already discussed this- and look for some new announcement in the coming months about the "extra" day. This will be referred to as "Day 0" with Friday being Day 1.

More details to come. We have been very busy getting things set for GC IV.

13. mark

mark Spellbinder

We wound up playing Aliens Thursday night. Much fun!

14. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Yeah, that was a perfect "bar" game.

15. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

some of us will be there thursday anyway.

if you bring your dice and imagination i'm sure you will find a game next year too.

16. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

I've been thinking when I will get there next year.

There are a lot of variables for me. #1 is my work hours. By that time they will be different then they are now. I hope I will still be employed will be very important.

If I didn't have any obligations I would be there easily Thursday night. The drawback to that is I don't think I'd be able to get my nephew out of school. How is that for being the cool uncle? I'll have to try.

In conclusion if I can I will be there Thursday. Next year is still a long way away.

17. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Even though there is no "official" plan for Thursday. It will be a day 0. We will have some gaming areas open down stairs, but probably no pre-reg events- maybe some special invitation only games for DMs that support many games Fri-Sun and of course you are free to run any pick-up games you want to. I am guessing it is safe to say we will be "open" by noon.

Note- no vendor area, no pre-reg game events, no checking in to get a badge (unless we get a trusty henchman to run the door other than Dale, James, Gene, Chris or me). Just a low key warm-up for those that can't wait until Friday morning to shake the dice. I plan on stepping out at about 1800 to go to the NDP for pizza and a couple brewskies.

18. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Sounds like a pretty flippin' shweet plan. Leastwise, so far (still a fair amount of time between now and then)!

19. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

My wife mentioned just prior to GC3 that we should start showing up on Thursdays now :) I've got a great wife.

20. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Can I hate or be jealous of you now? lol