Getting closer........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Oct 26, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

SPOTTED COW? :shock: DEEEEE-LISH!!!! :D
    (Only available around here.) :mrgreen:

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

6 DAYS TO GO :!: :!: :!:

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

gamer greg- spotted cow is the most popular beer produced by new glarus brewery (although not the best IMO). Just google new glarus brewery, pick a few flavors that sound delicious and then grab a few six packs from Bruno's when you get into Lake Geneva.

4. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

For sure. And they (NG) sure have a lot of great choices for flavors. I bought the variety 12 pack last year and enjoyed all of the brews!! :cool:

5. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Heh, and don't forget we all sat down for pizza and brew with The Keeper and others. I think we'll need a bigger table this year!!!

:D

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Eccellentissimo!!

I look forward to seeing and gaming with you again, Luca!

Viaggi sicuri!

:p

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

5 DAYS, & counting!!

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Gamers,

I'm so looking forward to this week! It has been a rough time over the last year and I'm looking forward to slinging some dice. The last gaming I can remember doing was on my birthday last summer. It was my 40th so I had friends get together at the FLGS and we gamed for a while then we went and had some brews. That was last July!

So, I'm really looking forward to relaxing and hanging out with you folks.

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I haven't gamed since last con. Ironic, since I'm teaching a class on games in a week.

10. francisca

francisca Troubadour

RE: Spotted Cow

I'm not a beer geek, but my beer geek friends tell me Spotted Cow is a Cream Ale, or perhaps a Farmhouse Ale, and that it has fairly complex esters.

Me, I just say its freakin' good beer.

NG has a darn fine stout as well.

In other news:

I'M FREAKING OUT AND CAN'T WAIT TO POINT THE FAMILY TRUCKSTER NORTH!

Those who can't do?
    :lol:

11. blake43

blake43 Level 0 Character

Been looking forward to it all year! :D Dice at the ready!

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh yeah! 3 days and a wake up (well, 2 days and a wake up if you are arriving Thursday). Tonight, I assemble the gaming gear that I will bring. Wednesday night, I pack my stuff. Thursday at 0330, I am up and rolling out to collect my friend Jimmy and head to the airport. Ahhh, the sweet smell of gamer sweat; I can't wait to greet thee again!

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Almost there..............3!

14. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

I'm planning and utilizing a spreadsheet to see how much New Glarus beer I'll be buying for friends, enemies, family and long term storage until next year!! :cool:

15. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

That'd be funny if it wasn't for the fact that I'm teaching two days after the Con. My problem is that I'm too old to live on campus; and, I must love punishment because I took 5 classes last quarter. Both make it difficult to have a steady gaming fix, let alone a group with which to enjoy the hobby. :p

16. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

I’m off tomorrow, (the 22ed) so I should arrive around 9PM that night. :cool: Last night around an internet access point, I’ll see everyone there! :D

17. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Today and tomorrow will be the longest days of the year not taking into account orbital projectories.

18. francisca

francisca Troubadour

No spreadsheet needed. Here is a simple formula:

(Money in checking account) / cost per case = number of cases to buy

19. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I wonder if I could have a whole pallet trucked to DC...? Plus, in anticipation of my return to LG, I have been expanding the capacity of my belly all year to account for more NGSC consumption.

20. kevin cabai

kevin cabai Level 0 Character

Perhaps the cooler is the problem Guiness should be at room temperature.