Any interest in playing in an ongoing AD&D campaign at GC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chgowiz, Mar 15, 2011.

1. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

Let me just say that I'm somewhat intimidated by making this offer, knowing the high caliber of DMs and games that will be running at GC. It would be an honor to have people there play in my world, which is why I'm making the offer. So we'll see what happens...

I've been running an ongoing AD&D campaign called "The Dark Ages" for over two years. If there's interest in exploring a bit of my campaign world, I'd be more than happy to lug the campaign binder and minis up for the event. If not, I'm fine with that as well, I'm hoping to get into some great games and have a good time and meet a lot of great RPG'ers.

EDITED TO ADD: Link to my campaign world's Wiki: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/ ... s-campaign

If you're interested, just leave me a comment. If I get 4 to 8 players, I'll definitely plan on it. Say about a 4 hour scenario? Please note that this would take place "in-situ" in the campaign world as it exists right now and anything that is done will be canon and affect the ongoing tabletop game. I'll also be happy to look at people who want to bring their AD&D/1e (and OSRIC) characters from other campaigns to visit. Levels can range from 1st to 4th level and we can judge on magic items and other devices brought into my world.

Locations available:
    1. A troll mage is rumored to live under the bridge on the road from Enonia (the PC Home Base) to the fabled/lost city of Irecia. It has claimed the lives of many adventurers and rumors hint it may also be opposed to the marauding orcs who've begun to threaten Enonia.

2. Dark rumors have been heard now and again about a sacred druid's temple or tomb somewhere to the north of the old Enonia Wayfarer's Inn. Of course, that's goblin-infested territory, and with the goblins now outright attacking Enonia, it's sure to be a contested journey.

3. The Dale Woods have not been explored since the Doom of Man fell 57 years ago. A generation of hunters and locals have begun to die out, making the area one of mystery and rumor. It is said a dragon lurks in the woods, as well as a "Crystal Lake". Nobody knows for sure, but now that a mysterious mage's tower has arisen from the Dale Woods, some say it's time for exploring. Who knows what could be found... or what local tales may lead to riches.

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

If I can make it fit with my pre-reg schedule, I'm in. Sounds like fun. But, you have to promise updates on how my character (assuming he survives) fares later on. :)

3. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

@Druvas - I have a reply on my blog that a reader and two of his friends would play, so that makes 4 and quorum to run a game.

If you have a particular stretch of time that works for you, let me know, please?

4. tron

tron Level 0 Character

This sounds fun!!

I would also be interested in playing (provided it fits into my con schedule).

Would you post an announcement of game time at the con...or how do you plan to handle schuduling?

5. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

I'm going to try to schedule around the people who definitely want to play. What time would work best for you on Saturday?

6. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I'd be interested - although if my pre-reg works out I'll be booked near solid - fingers crossed.

7. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I have a character that is very familiar with 'realm jumping'. I'll definitely bring him. Perhaps you can 'create' a character sheet with/from his current statistics if the editions don't match. He is a dwarven follower of Mystra, who was started as 1/1/1 cleric/fighter/mage panhandling on the road to Hommlet, yes, THAT Hommlet. Using AD&D 2.5 edition, (the one with Skills and Powers, Spells and Magic, Combat and Tactics), he is currently 7/7/7. After completing Temple of Elemental Evil and the Scourge of the Slavelords, he found himself without a team to finish-off the giants on the way to defeat the Queen of the Spiders. Calling on Mystra's help he has been 'realm jumping' looking for capable adventurers willing to help. Whether he is in your realm for only a few minutes, an hour or months, this would not seem strange to him (but may to other players/NPCs).
    Anyway, I hope to be free enough to squeeze Stonejuice's 'arrival' in.

8. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

:eek:
    Request this mix that can drive fierce any DM I know except me! How long have you played it?
    (I still do not accept crossovers with easy without a reasonable and solid character background)

9. smokin

smokin Chevalier

One of these days I'm gonna read instructions before I begin messing things up. I later last night went to your realm website and learned it is 1st edition. To be a legitamate PC in 1st ed there are too many things stacked against poor Stonejuice for that I'm afraid. Back then Dwarfs were not Wizards correct? BTB, Dwarfs could not be wizards until 2.5 came along as far as I know. My little guy has siblings in older games that would work. In fact Stonejuice has a barbarian cousin, named Stonetooth, that is actively trying to bring poor Stonejuice back on charges of heresy, if he could find him.

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I will let you know as soon as I know. I'm not even sure what I registered for anymore, lol. Hopefully the reg. list will appear by Thursday night at the con. I'll PM you my contact info so you can check with me before you arrive.

11. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

You probably also missed that dwarfs are a 'lost race' - none have been seen in centuries. :lol: We'd have to work on how to bring Stonetooth into the mix.

12. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

That's cool! I'm gonna be loosey-goosey anyway, but I'll get info on all prospective players and see if we can figure out the best time for the biggest group of folks. Thanks for the interest. I'm kinda surprised... :)

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Don't be surprised! I'm sure any decent gamer would jump at the chance to be immortalized in someones game. Who knows, when you publish it one day, perhaps I can show my kids my "famous character", lol... :D

14. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

Hey Chgowiz, I'm interested in trying to jump into a session of your game if we can work it out schedule-wise. I've got a few things scheduled that I'm running (days/times noted below), but otherwise I didn't pre-reg for any specific games as a player. (The time for pre-reg got close and I couldn't decide what I wanted to sign up for, so instead I decided to wait and see if some pick-up games formed up.) Plus, we're going to have a Black Blade booth, so will be spending some time in the booth.

The events which I submitted start Friday morning at 8:00, Friday evening at 6:00, and Saturday at Noon. So outside of those times, I'm pretty open.

15. tron

tron Level 0 Character

How about a late evening game on Saturday? Say 10pm?

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Did you say a Blackblade booth? Excellent. Any word on more 1st ed. DCC's? See you there!

17. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

I'd be interested as well. Is there anything you could point me to that could assist me with generating a character beforehand? I'd rather not play a premade and I wouldn't want to waste people's time rolling up a new character on the spot.

In the meantime, I'll check the campaign wiki.

18. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

Probably not, considering I'm riding there and back. (Although at this point, with snow/freezing precip in the forecast, it looks like the Harley's stayin in the garage, dammit)

I think at this point, I'll probably get there, put something up on the bulletin board once I register and see what's going on. My guess would be when at least 4 people say "YES" to playing, we'll play.

If you're interested, which adventure are you most interested in?
    1. Seek out the troll mage and his loot
    2. Go searching for a rumored druid's tomb/temple
    3. Go searching for the lost Crystal Lake and supposed riches there.

19. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

Just my houserules: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AQiM ... o0Zg&hl=en It's all pretty standard stuff and I'm an email away if you have questions. I will have a few pre-gens available. Equipment will be bog-standard stuff to start with on 'em.

Look foward to meeting - what time would work for you for a game?

20. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I don't want to "F" with no troll-mage, dude. How's about the Crystal Lake? :)