Those Cool Rebindings & Re-typings of the OD&D Books I Had

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tavis, Mar 29, 2011.

1. tavis

tavis Footpad

At GCIII (which was made of platinum, btw, with an ample assortment of gems and magic items, nary a cursed one to be seen) many people were interested in the re-typings of OD&D into one-volume sets I was rocking - the hand-bound one and the one with the glossy Frazetta cover.

I can't take any credit for these, but I can pass on the nitty-gritty about how they were made. Drop me a PM or send me an email at [email protected] if you're interested!

2. rossik

rossik Footpad

wow, could you share a picture here, please?

3. tavis

tavis Footpad

Taking a new picture would require unpacking my luggage, which I've been putting off. But you can see one of them in this one Mark took - it's the glossy-covered book you can see between me and diaglo: [​IMG]

4. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

Awesome. Glad you posted this. I was hanging around your Revenge of the Walking Wet game, hoping to find out where you got the Il Male/Greyharp book printed, but I didn't want to interrupt you guys.

If you are going to run that game again next year, I'm definitely signing up. It looked very cool.

5. welleran

welleran Footpad

That Walking Wet was the best game of the con, hands down! We were the last game standing two years running!

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Or re-standing, in the case of one particular hobbit. :D

7. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

all 14 of us.

8. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

well..we did lose the halfling for a bit...and went from 14 to...uhhh...10....

9. howandwhy99

howandwhy99 Level 0 Character

I for one am interested. I own the PDFs and use them regularly, but even if I did own originals I can't see myself using them at the game table. So something like this is right up my alley. A PDF print of Chainmail + 3LLBs, and one of the supplements & Strategic reviews too. Some early The Dragon articles would be nice, but I doubt that's a possibility.

10. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

I ordered a 6x9 hardcover of the LBBs, and a hardcover copy of the super-sexy single-volume OD&D rules with the frazetta cover. I'll be sure to post pics when I get them. Also, lulu has a 20% off code, only good through tomorrow (but in reality they have these deals all the time). The code is SPLISH305.

@Howandwhy - For what you are looking for, I would recommend just printing out what you want (double-sided) and having it spiral bound at a print shop. DIY spiral-bound books make excellent table copies, since they are cheap, they lie flat, and they are fun since you can make your own custom cover page. It should only cost about $4 or $5 to have a book spiral bound, if you print it yourself and bring it in. However, if you print it yourself, I'd recommend doing it on a laser printer, since printing that many pages from an inkjet can be quite costly. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Pics of a few books I've done (kind of fuzzy)
    http://peoplethemwithmonsters.blogspot. ... books.html

There is also this thread about assembling your own LBBs from the PDFs:
    http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... thread=522