Gary Con Game Reports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScottyG, Mar 29, 2011.

1. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I haven't seen any game reports from the con yet. Anybody got a story to tell?

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I've started posting mine here.

And I've seen several around the blogosphere - especially about The Boot! :lol:

4. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

5. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I'm sure at some point we were "walking west" (all 14 of us. Us 8, the 20 flesh gollums, and the halfling - for a total of 14 ;-) ), but it is the Walking Wet campaign :).

6. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Fixed!

7. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

When my hand stops filling like it's been through a shredder, I'm planning to write something about my games. I had 9 people show up to play my BECMI Rules Cyclopedia game. That was pure awesome sauce. Few to none showed up for the Alternity game, but there was interest expressed in trying to run it as a pick-up game for others. As such, I think I may run both of these adventures again.

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I apologize again for the Alternity game. I simply read the time wrong on that one or else I would have been there.....This is another system that I own and have always wanted to play but never got the chance. I even read through the Gamma World Alternity rules and found them to be pretty good.

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Other than needing a longer run so that people get the feel for the rules (I can't recount the number of times I had to explain the system of always rolling a d20 with a + or - step modifier, even with it printed on the character sheet), the game went rather well. By rather well, I mean nobody complained about the pacing or the story even though they hadn't made it through all of Act I. Since there were only three people who sort of know what's in the case, I'll run this adventure again.

10. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Hey Aplus, your suggestion about Noble Knight may well be worth mentioning to:
    Donal (http://www.garycon.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2)
    Melf (http://www.garycon.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=58), and
    Dale (http://www.garycon.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=53).

11. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

PM sent.

12. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I thought I heard rumor that NobleKnight would be at GCIII. It would be really cool to have him there, as he has been dealing for a long time and a lot of people know him.

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

When I spoke with the owner, he told me he wouldn't be able to make it this year. Traveling to Cons can be a bit of a cost and it keeps you away from your other business. I think he's reevaluating Cons and which ones he can make it to....personally, I think GaryCon would be ideal for him and hope to see him next year. He's a great guy to work with and cut me some awesome deals on OD&D.

14. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

GP is correct. Noble Knight would be a good fit, but do to other requirements they did not come to Gary Con III. Hopefully they will be on board next year.