Gary Con IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Apr 2, 2011.

1. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Any news about next year scheduling?
    I'd like to patrol some secondary travel agency sites in order to book the flight at the best price...

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Yes. We have the dates. I'll see about getting them posted up for all of you go getters!
    ;)

3. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

COOOOooooolll!!

4. Good to see you go with the four days. :D

Everyone plan accordingly. ;)

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

Of course that also means ramping up some off-the-books Wednesday activities . . . ;)

6. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

OK, I live in a hell with no gamers and no game shops. I'm going crazy in my place because of the constant vehicular traffic and music 24/7. And I can't even have a dog! (Treebore was working on getting me a service dog, but he died of Parvo, so I'm back to square one.) There's a place I can look at when I get back from this madness of a con that should be more countrified and quieter. But that's not going to solve my gaming urges. I've really been contemplating plopping myself down somewhere in Iowa, but I don't really know how to start looking.

Anyone have a mother-in-law place on a farm? I need someplace quiet, soon, to pull my poor jumbled up mind back together. And just so this isn't immediately dismissed, I'm a 100% service-connected PTSD disabled vet coming out of a sudden death in a severely dysfunctional family. My head used to be on super straight, but now I can't think my way out of a paper bag! If I could have a table of gamers with a real-life gaming store in reach, I'd be okay, but I can't take big cities or nightmare traffic anymore.

If you guys want to view this as a rant, I can't blame you, but I seriously need help. If you have an idea, PM me.

Sorry for the rain. :oops:

7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Are these official? I mean, can I call the hotel and get a room?

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Where the hell are you? I'd like to avoid it.

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Sounds like Orange County.

10. mark

mark Spellbinder

The county with no rhyme.

11. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Very definitely going to try and make plans to run something at GC4. Not sure what it'll be yet, but probably something B/X-y. :)

12. Melf

Jim- I expect these dates and the location to be solid, but I posted them up for general planning purposes (95% certain). The official announcement will be up in a couple months with the opportunity to pre-reg for badges, order shirts and most importantly submit events that you want to run at Gary Con IV.

I am glad to see so many people planning for Gary Con IV already! :D

Luke

13. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Luke, what can I say, it's an awesome convention. One that makes me wish months rolled by faster so I can attend the next one.

14. tellion

tellion Footpad

I'm ready for another merry marathon session with Tavis and company! And there is never a dull moment with Grodog in Castle Greyhawk. The encounter with the Sea Wrights was bone-chilling (not to mention level draining) and rumors of it have already begun to circulate the web. Counting down the days!!!

15. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Successfully planned for GCIV????
    You're kidding right?. If you ask, I think you will find we have planned for GC IV-XX.
    But planning for anything more into the future than XX would be silly.

16. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

I'm already working on a couple of tentative adventures for GCIV...They are:

Murder at Iroquois Point - Boothill 3e
    Lumber Baron Thomas Haytt and his family has been murdered in their mansion on Iroquois Point on Lake Superior. However, Haytt's family's bodies haven't been found yet, just copious amounts of blood in the mansion. To make matters worse, the workmen at the Haytt lumber camp have claimed that indians have been seen in the forest. Because Haytt often does business with the Pinkerton Agency, agents have been sent to investigate.

The other one is some sweet pulp action using the D6 Adventures rules...More info will be forthcoming, of course. :)

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Sounds like a job for Columbo.... :D

18. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I doubt I'll run any games but I most certainly will make a run for the keg of Spotted Cow. :) Can't wait for March to get here!

19. Melf

If we have a keg or two of spotted cow on hand Druvas then you are free to run a game or two! Don't be shy, whip up a scenario from your favorite RPG or bring a cool boardgame and share it with us. Hell, I am even going to run an adventure of two this year. I missed running at GC III with my carzy schedule.

20. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

You're going to run an adventure? That should be interesting. For some reason, I've always thought of you as being on the gaming side of the screen but I knew you'd have run some games before.....Guess it's all those character stories you've shared that had me thinking about it.

So, do you tend to be more combat oriented, puzzle oriented or do you mix it up to confuse everyone? :)