Gencon 2011

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by francisca, Jun 20, 2011.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm going, and I know Donal will be there.

Who else?

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Re: GenCon

It comes to early in August for me to be there fulltime and running games this year. I might make it for Friday/Saturday though.

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Re: GenCon

I need a job now that I'm done with school, but despite starting a search 6 months ago, alas I'm still jobless despite having two degrees. At this rate, I might not be able to go to GC IV, but one of my projects might make it to GenCon. :cry:

4. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Me & the Mrs.

5. FlyingWhale

FlyingWhale Level 0 Character

I'm going as well. Being a native on Indy, I have the distinct advantage having almost no reason NOT to go. What is everyone going FOR? Are you going for RPGs and D & D? Are some of you into mini's? If so, do you play, paint or show off your creations? I personally only LARP at GenCon. No where else.

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I am considering going to GenCon myself. Mostly to see friends and maybe actually play a couple games. I always seem to be too busy at Gary Con to do much gaming unfortunately.

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I'm hoping to go this year myself. Last year was the first I'd missed in a while but I'm not sure about the timing this year. Hopefully, I'll know for sure in the next few weeks.

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

If you come down, let me know. I know of a certain off-grid game of Divine Right that you might be interested in....

9. Melf

Hmmm. Sounds like fun. I haven't played divine right since the early 1980's. You will have to refresh my memory on the rules.

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Something like my 19th year straight.

I play mostly LARPs and board games at GenCon.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Just received confirmation that I will be speaking at the worship service on Sunday so barring any difficulties I will be there this year. It makes it a lot easier for me to attend when I have a speaking engagement.

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Totally, especially when "preaching to the unwashed masses" means exactly that!

:lol:

13. Melf

Good to hear you are coming GP. Hope to see you there!

14. FlyingWhale

FlyingWhale Level 0 Character

I always have more luck gaming at places like Gary Con. Gen Con is just too big and involving for me to cut out a hour or two to straight-up gaming. I just can't give 4+ hours in the middle of a huge convention for RPG's. I'll be busy seeing friends, painting custom mini's (www.realizeinc.com is a company that makes gaming figures), attending workshops and hopefully celebrity spotting. Last year I missed Will Wheaton!

15. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'll be there. I have a pretty busy schedule, but you can definitely catch me at the ENnie Awards on Friday night & at the ENnies Booth Saturday afternoon.

16. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i'll be there too.

17. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks. I think you've still got my number and if you have a chance maybe you can stop by the Kenzer night out. They usually have an event where everyone gets together and eats and has a few drinks.

I don't always get in a lot of scheduled gaming at GenCon if I'm on one of the CGG panels but I'm always looking to play a pick up game when I can find them. One year I was able to find Tim Kask and Terry B. and we played some old school boardgames that Kerry had picked up at the auction. (I think it was Tim.....memory fades fast these days. ;) )

I'll also be stopping by the Trolls booth and saying hey to Stephen. It's always fun to see what he's been up to.

18. Melf

I have your number Derek. I will also be stopping by to say hi to the Trolls and I would love to sit and rap with the Kenzer guys too. Let me know when that is and I will put it on my schedule. I don't play in any official events at Gen Con. I just wing it.