GCIV: Who plans to stay through Sunday night?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bighara, Jul 12, 2011.

1. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Jeez! I really squeaked in there, I guess. The lady sounded apologetic at first that the only thing she had to offer was the king, but since it's for me and my bride, that was no issue. Anyway, I hope folks find someplace convenient to stay. I'm stoked for being there Thursday - Sunday PM! :D

2. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I'm in the same position as francisca....darnit...

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Hey guys...

On a lark (and to get on the waiting list if there was one), I called The Lodge.

I got a room.

Apparently there was some mis-communication (at least that's what Hope told me).

She asked that I let folks know...

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

IN!

WOOT!

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I just got off the phone with one of the guys at the Lodge and he told me there are absolutely no rooms available for Friday and Saturday. So, I'm having to rethink my plans for that weekend. I don't mind sharing a room but I have to carry some medical supplies with me and such so I don't want to intrude on others. I'm not one of those guys who can share a room with three or four people. Well, I can do it if I know them really well.

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

There was a bit of confusion with the Front Desk. It has been fixed. There are rooms available.

Call up the Lodge (1-800-225-5558) and tell them you are attending Gary Con and you want the special rate of $79.

Sorry for the issue, but we are good to go. Rooms are available for all 4 nights. :D

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Okay,

Dale is just awesome. He fixed things with the hotel and there are still a few rooms left. I just booked two rooms so I've got plenty of space for the extras I'm hoping to bring in March.

Derek

8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Definitely give it a call - a few friends have confirmed this.

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

All set with my res. Planning to arrive Wed and leave Mon.

10. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Awesome Mark - looking forward to some more Thursday night Aliens in the bar! I hope we can get Allan to run a game again. :)

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

"Watch your back, Vasquez!" :D

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Thanks Dale!

Jim and Chainsaw alerted me almost immediately after Jim's post, and I was able to call from work and get the reservation.

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

Glad to hear everyone is getting their rooms! And, it sounds like the 4 days is going to be a hit already. I know I'm looking forward to it. ;)

14. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Well I am glad that Dale was paying attention! The problem is fixed, so please reserve your room now while there is still room available.

15. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I just got my reservations in for my first GC. Sadly, I need to leave on Sunday to make it back to work on Monday, but I have 3 days on the docket, so I'll just game an extra 33% harder to make up for the lost fourth day.

16. schoolmaster

schoolmaster Level 0 Character

OK, I've decided to bite the bullet and get a room. Everything is all set and my room is reserved.

17. mark

mark Spellbinder

:) Welcome, SchoolMaster and sniderman! :)

18. francisca

francisca Troubadour

The more I think about this, the more I think we'll leave wednesday after I'm home from work and the kids are home from school, and then just stay through sunday night.

19. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Hmmmm: my room rate's the same $79/88.09 with taxes for Wednesday through Sunday nights. Should I be seeing cheaper Wednesday and/orSunday-night rates?

20. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Yes Sunday should be significantly less than $88. Rooms are $79 +$9 resort fee= $88 for Thurs, Fri, Sat. I don't recall if Wed is reduced, but Sunday should be closer to $50. We'll revisit that with the Lodge and ensure that everybody gets the negotited Sunday rate.