Gary Con IV Planning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Aug 9, 2011.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Very cool, Francisca! I well remember running 1st edition AD&D when I was that age. Glad that your son will have the opportunity to build up similar memories of his own. :)

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Rich,

If you input this as an event you can assign a max number of players and we would issue tickets.

3. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I think he's wondering how to restrict the age of those signing up for the game. Am I right, Rich?

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

We'll have to think about the best way to handle this, as we currently don't have any age capturing in the new site (not that we could verify it anyway). Let's discuss after Event Submission opens up in another couple of weeks.

5. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

ok, now that I have my flights booked, my room reserved, and my badge purchased, it's time to PLAN! :twisted:

I'm still interested in hosting an open multi-session mega-dungeon crawl using AD&D 2nd edition rules. This could very well take place across several settings, ranging from UnderMountain to the Ruins of Myth Drannor to ...other places.

Where could I start a separate thread regarding the logistics of this dungeon crawl? Should I start it in the RPG forums? Or would it be ok to start it within the General Discussion, since this regards GaryCon?

Thanks! I'm already getting stoked! :mrgreen:

~Hoyt.

6. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Does IV planning lead to IV play?

7. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Hey now! This is a FAMILY convention! :p

8. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

You sleep at cons?

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Great news that you're already good to go on the real world logistics, congrats!

As to your question regarding your multi-session 2e events and where to post them in the forums, I can't speak in an official capacity, but technically it fits within either of the forum descriptions - on the one hand being Gary Con IV events you'll be running, and on the other hand, that they're rpg games which will be taking place. If you haven't done so already (and apologies if you have and I've overlooked it), I'd say just go ahead and start it in either (but not both, haha).
    If I'm overly mistaken and it needs relocated, I believe any of us mods can do so. I, personally, though an aforementioned mod here on the forum, am but a minion of the great Noc'Yrag, and there be others of far greater power than me hereabouts.
    :ugeek:

10. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

If all goes well, I'm planning on running 3 events. Since few people showed up to the Alternity game due to what seems it's early morning scheduling, I plan on running the same adventure. I had so many people show up for my BECMI/Rules Cyclopedia game that I'm going to expand the adventure and run that one again. The third, if allowed, is a card game I designed. I've been trying to get people to play it for the past two years and seemed to get some interest in it since the end of GC III. I really would like to get some people to play it at the con since the original iteration was developed as soon as I got home after Gary's wake, where I was inspired to create it after playing Pit and watching people play Tech Support.

11. bighara

bighara Chevalier

This may have been mentioned before, but I was curious what the "normal" time slot will be. IIRC, it was 4 hours @ GC3. I'm noodling with some ideas for a game to run, but I want to make sure I gauge the material for the time allowed.

12. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I believe it will be like last year. 2 hour blocks but the event should end 30 minutes before the hour to give people time to hit the bathroom, get food, socialize, etc. So GMs can choose 1.5, 3.5, 5.5, etc. hour slots with a 0.5 hour break to follow. Officially supported start times might "only" be 8a to midnight. I would imagine you could list something different in your narrative in needed.

13. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I wonder if there'd be any interest in a Hollow Earth Expedition game?

14. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I tend to run 4 hour blocks as a rule.

15. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Well, it's the 6th and I'm ready to submit events. Been chompin' at the bit here. :lol:

16. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

When the devil are event submissions going live? I'm stuck in this damned house with not a lot to do but twiddle my thumbs and I'm making a herculean effort to make this con. Grrrr.... :geek:

17. Donal

Donal Administrator

We're hoping to open event submissions next week.

18. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool. I'm pumped, really looking forward to this year's convention. Last year was a blast.

19. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Hey bloodymage, we're all anxious to get this rolling, but how about stop whining about it and give it a rest?

Seriously man, I'm sure they'd much rather be done with it already. Cut them some slack, running Gary Con isn't the admin staff's only concern in life.

20. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Hooray, event submission is open! :cool: