Dark Dungeons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turiciano, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Turiciano

Turiciano Level 0 Character

Anyone have a mind to play some BECMI using the Dark Dungeons retro-clone? I have been DM'ing DD for a year and am quite pleased with the ruleset.....

2. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

while at GaryCon I plan to play as many different retro-clone events as I can so that I may decide which one best suits my own taste in AD&D-style gaming going forward. So I'd certainly be game for a Dark Dungeons run. Count me in if the timing is right. :mrgreen:

~Hoyt.

3. Turiciano

I have submitted potential events, to wit, modules B10-12, all BECMI introductory modules, to be run one per session on Saturday and Sunday. Regardless, I intend to run as many pick up games of DD as possible. See you soon!

4. silas

silas Chevalier

B10 Rocks!

Gotta be one of the top modules ever written. The goblin siege is epic.

I am certainly up for Dark Dungeons or any Classic D&D offered. I am only running 3 games this year, so I will be playing in more games.

5. Turiciano

My proposed games have been approved....I am looking very much forward to running the three (B10-11-12) adventures using Dark Dungeons. The games are all g-rated or at the very worst pg13. As such, I welcome gamers who want to play with their children. Here is what wiki had to say about B10.....

Night's Dark Terror is a wilderness scenario in which the player characters travel by river and over mountains, from the Grand Duchy of Karameikos to the chaotic lands. The characters encounter a town under siege by goblins, a ruined city, and a lost valley.[1] The module teaches the Dungeon Master (DM) how to handle wilderness conditions, and includes new rules for weather.[1] The module also includes statistics for eleven new monsters,[2] and comes with a battle map and counters for use in staging a battle in one of the towns.[1]

The wilderness module is set in the area of Eastern Karameikos. According to White Dwarf reviewer Jim Bambra, much of the action in the module has to do with the secret society known as the Iron Ring.[2]

The module begins in a beleaguered farmstead. The PCs then explore more than 20,000 square miles (52,000 km2) of wilderness, with eighteen locations, including a number of mini-dungeons, a ruined city, a riverside village, a frontier town, and a lost valley, with the minions of the Iron Ring waiting for the PCs at every step.[2]

6. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

it's been years since I've ventured through Karameikos. *sigh* Schedules permitting, you can count me in on this idea. :D

I've never played through Night's Dark Terror. And I would love to experience it after being away from D&D for so long.

7. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

I would love to try out a Dark Dungeons game.

I look forward to seeing your games in the Events Catalog.

8. Turiciano

The games are in the Catalog. Saturday 10am (B11, King's Festival) and 6pm (B12, Queen's Harvest), and Sunday at 10am (Night's Dark Terror). There is no way B10 can be finished in three hours....but....as long as I have players.....we will forge ahead!

9. Turiciano

Of course this can't possibly compare to playing WITH Frank....but there are still seats left to play the version of the game authored primarily BY Frank.....if you search Red Box Basic games....there are seats left at both Saturday, and the Sunday game. If you ever read the companion/master rules and wanted to see them in action....we will be using the Dark Dungeons retro clone of the BECMI system. Race as class and weapon proficiency! Jus sayin!