2 Rooms Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dndgeek, Jan 29, 2016.

1. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Hey all,

A couple of us overbooked and we've just released two reservations for the Grand Geneva for Gary Con weekend (Wed-Sun), so get 'em while you can if you need 'em.

2. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I just called on this and was informed that once the block was full, as it was almost immediately, that there is no way in...even if a reservation was cancelled. Very sad.

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

:confused:

That doesn't make any sense. So they plan to only sell it to walkups? Or leave it empty and unsold??
    Maybe they meant they wouldn't re-sell it at the discounted con rate?

4. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I cannot say. She was very curt with me when I started asking questions. Also, we were having connection issues and almost losing connection twice and then finally lost and I tried twice to call back and then gave up. I was getting no where with her anyway.

5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Unfortunately, sometimes, even at relatively nice hotels, the reservation help doesn't really understand what's going on.

I know, a number of times at the Lodge, people would call and be told rooms were all sold out, when in fact they weren't - they were just reserved for the con, but not purchased - and the clerks apparently couldn't tell the difference. (Sometimes the caller didn't think to mention they were with the con, but sometimes they did and it was all the clerk's issue.)

You might try later and hope for a better connection and/or a different person.

6. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I agree. I was thinking the same thing.

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I just called again and this time I talked to a much more pleasant (and perhaps more awake) person. She informed me that she has no rooms available at the Grand Geneva but she still has rooms available at the Timber Ridge.

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

IIRC, there was a waiting list so it is likely if there was a cancellation, those on the waiting list would have dibs in whatever order they were put on the list.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  9. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

Let's hope so.