2012 Gary Con Challenge Coins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

This thread will be used to track the available numbers in our Gary Con Challenge Coins. This year we are pre-selling 25 coins between numbers 50 and 100 (the remaining coins will be sold at the show). Please purchase a coin through the souvenir section of our website. As you checkout, please add your requested Coin # in the comments. I'll try to update this thread every day with the numbers that are already taken (so please check here before you check out).

If the requested number is available, it will be assigned to you at purchase. If your coin is unavailable (despite not being listed here), you will be given the opportunity to pick another number within that range (or you can receive a refund at the show).

The following numbers are currently unavailable...
    #50, 51, 52, 53, 55, 64, 68, 69, 74, 75, 76, 79, 82, 86, 94, 96, 99, 100

2. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I missed the option to request a number got the challenge coin. I would like #50 if possible. Please advise of this is possible.

Thanks
    Osarious

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Donal got it all worked out.

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

Coin numbers will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Just as if you were in line at the show. That being said, you need to do 2 things to select a specific number:

1) Purchase a coin
    2) Include in the check-out comments your desired number, or else, failing that, sending an email to [email protected] with your desired number (please forward a copy of your purchase receipt with this request). I will usually send an email reminder if no number has been selected. If you do not choose a number by March 4th, then a random one will be assigned.

Once both things have been completed, your number will be locked in. It may take up to 1 day for me to confirm your selection (or else ask you to pick another number).

5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I purchased a coin -- It doesn't matter what number I get.

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Was there a coin for GaryCon III? My memory is failing me. I found the coin I have from GaryCon II but I didn't seem to find one from last year.

Thanks,

7. osarious

osarious Chevalier

It says in the souvenir section that they are made every other convention year.

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks, I thought I'd seen that but guess I overlooked it the last time.

9. Navar

Navar Level 0 Character

Hello,

Would anyone out there consider selling their 2012 challenge coin for GCs III & IV? I have the other two & missed this one when I had to cancel my trip at the last minute. I am willing to go higher than your original cost. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Navar

10. Dale

Dale Administrator

The challenge coins have only been created three times- Gary Con II, IV, & VI.

So the even years there is a new challenge coin. Gary Con 2 & 4- there were only 100 minted each year. Gary Con 6- there were 200 created. These are rare and hard to get. We still have some from Gary Con VI that we will be selling in a few short weeks (along with other Gary Con merchandise) on our GaryCon.com website.

I hope this helps.