3 GP Events...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloak n' Dagger, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Cloak n' Dagger

Cloak n' Dagger Level 0 Character

Looking through the events, I realized there are some that are listed as 3gp. By charging 3gps, this ensures that only those with a Gold or higher badge would even have the opportunity to play in that particular event, even if seats are available after the Diamond and Plat members choose their initial games, leaving out everyone and anyone at the Silver level.

While none of these are events I'm looking to play, I'm sure there are some folks out there with Silver badges who probably would like to do so.

Just curious if the GC staff has considered this.

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Seems like there are very few of them. Frank Mentzer and Peter Adkison each have one, Frank Ward has none. If someone really wants to get into one of those events, they could always buy a second silver badge.

3. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

You've just given me an idea...I'm going to register for as many of those games as I can (should be 4)..and then walk around handing out the tickets to folks with Silver Badges.

Only problem is if my son wants some of those gold for wargaming events.

Otherwise, that's totally what I'm doing.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Jim please feel free to give out tickets if you like. I'm sure those folks would say thank you.

Yes there are a few 3 gold piece events on Saturday with some highly sought after GMs. They have events on other days for 2 GPs.

The celebrity D&D game is a one of a kind as is Peters game. I'll re-look the price balance and economy but I think it is not unreasonable