5e games 2 hours?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Traxion, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

It looks like all of the 5e games are 2 hours. Is that correct?
    I've seen intro sessions run 2 hours, but not full adventures. Are these really supposed to be 2 hours?

2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

5e the speed dating of D&D? ;-)

3. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

Those are probably the expedition games which run for 2 hours normally for adventurers league on Wednesday nights at your LGS.

4. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

If you look closer, not all 5e games are 2 hours.

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Nesbit is tracking. Many of these scenarios are designed to run 2 hours and are run at local game stores. There are also many that are 4 hour adventures. There are lots of these events running during Gary Con, including unique events run by Mearls, Perkins, Lindsay and Marks that only they can DM in person.

6. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

Thanks for the clarification.

7. heyscot

heyscot Level 0 Character

If they're the Tower of Skulls games run by Dave Olsen, I highly recommend them. Dave did a series of Kobold-based games last year that were super-fun because he's a really good DM.

dndgeek likes this.
  8. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

I have signed my son up for 5 games with 2 hour duration each, perfect for a younger attention span or a fill in game for a break. Well done.

9. sd8k

sd8k Level 0 Character

I was a little disappointed in the 2hr 5e games too. They are great for playing at the gaming store on weeknights.

What I may do after talking to some folks is set up Saturday morning at the open gaming table and run White Plume Mountain that I converted over to 5e.

10. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

+1 to this comment. Dave's games are quite fun and he really gets into playing the NPC's with different voices, etc.