A New Project

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by JediSoth, Dec 16, 2011.

1. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Since I'm finally getting back to tabletop gaming after an extended hiatus started by the death of my first wife in 2008 (I've game a bit since then, but not been involved in a regular group), I decided to kick things off in a glorious fashion. This will also serve as a christening, of sorts, for the Geek Chic table that is currently in production and due to be delivered at the end of February.

I'm going to run 3 Classic adventures (low-, mid-, and high-level) using multiple editions of D&D. I'll start with Basic D&D, move to 1st edition AD&D, 2nd, 3rd (or Pathfinder), and finally 4th (or 5th if this goes on long enough). I'll blog about the experience, comparing and contrasting the approaches different editions take and if they number of options, or lack thereof, cause any difference in playstyle, as well as how well the adventures hold up when taken outside the confines of the editions for which they were written.

It shall be known as: Doctor StrangeRoll or How I learned to stop worrying and love all D&D.

As bonus content, if my brain isn't completely fried by the end of it, I'll likely run the same three adventures using alternate fantasy RPGs, like HackMaster Basic. Hopefully, since I'll be using pre-written adventures, this will help ease me back into running games while I continue my writing career (plus I have a day job!).

2. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Sounds very cool, Jedisoth. :)

3. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

This does INDEED sound really cool - looking forward to it!
    And I would so very much love a Geek Chic table, too - that's flippin' SHWEET!

4. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

What's your normal edition of choice, JediSoth?