Acererak shall be defeated!

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Druvas, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

In but 2 days time, a group of some of the regions most powerful personalities will be gathering to put an end to the repugnant evil that exudes from the so called "Tomb of Horrors". Surely this charlatain of a "dead" wizard is no match for the combined might of our marshalled forces. We have heard tales of hideous traps, but by the power of St. Cuthbert, we shall glide safely beyond them, to slay this worker of evil magics. Then, when we return (and St. Cuthbert is busy looking elsewhere) we shall spend our easily won treasures on women and wine. Look for our tale of victory in a few short days!

2. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Adventurous indeed! :shock:

It seems that The Scholar of the divinities (as the Oeridians would say) will not be present on this journey. :)

May The Charm guide The Colorless and All-Colored’s steps through Fate and may She not take risk with The God of Gambles. ;)

May The Twins of Time’s speed be with you! :)

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Much thanks! After we finish with this puny champion of evil, on to the Mad Overking, then to Iuz himself!

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

That is mighty boasting! I'd like to hear what tune you are singing after you enter the Tomb!

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Boasting?! When the forces aligned to St. Cuthbert unite to smash evil, there is no greater power on Oerth! When "Good" gets mad, watch out! When my cudgel strikes Acererak, he won't know what hit him! When it smashes the insane Overking, he will pray for redemption. When it smites the Old One, he will know- that Cuthbert has come for him, and I, his vessel on Oerth will be the deliverer of justice, the freer of worlds.

***We are so dead! I bet we don't make it past the entrance...***

6. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I have a cleric of Cuthbert PC, (The Supernal) Cedric Magno is a high priest (9th level cleric, Order of the Billets). He's not quite as long-winded though. 'Speak softly, but carry a large cudgel' and all that.

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Heh, I'm just playing up the arrogance in anticipation of the whoopin' we are going to get tomorrow. I started a campaign journal over on DF...

8. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

If you haven't written any augury, divination, and commune scrolls, then memorize them. And good luck in the Tomb.

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Thanks! We are using the pre-gen characters in a on-shot adventure since our usual DM is out on Nasty Guard duty this weekend. i suspect we will all die very quickly...

10. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hey Druvas! Don't denegrate the Citizen-Soldiers! I am in the CA ARNG. You will thank him next time a hurricane or some such plows into VA.

(And Nasty Guard is OK, but the drill sgt used to call it Nasty Girls or No Go's. Which are also good slams :))

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Thank you for your service! I was in the VA ARNG (Infantry- 11C - mortars) for 6 years (actually 3 in VA and 3 in MD) and loved every minute of it. Well, maybe not every minute, but enough of them anyway! My favorite memory was our 3 week stay at Ft. Irwin as the Op-For. We got to wear Russian uniforms and all! Ahh, the good ole' days... I remember all the active duty guys from Basic shipping off to their units on graduation day. They spent months teasing us No-Go's, but we had the last laugh. As they piled into cattle trucks we were heading home!

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Alas, an unfortunate disaster has occurred. Two noble defenders of all that is good were discovered murdered in their beds this morning. We lost a great bit of our force that was preparing to destroy Acererak. It would seem that he, or another of our enemies caught wind of the plan and dispatched assassins to interrupt our mission. Praise be to St. Cuthbert, for he warned me of an impending attack upon my person and retainers, and I was able to destroy them before they could cause me harm. I will set out to find new allies and regroup to carry out our mission at a later date...

In the mean time, I sent two of my newest henchman to join a party that formed to explore a ruined monastery. Perhaps they will report back some progress made against the forces of evil. These are dark days indeed.