Adventurer's League and Leveling

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Alex Kurowski, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Alex Kurowski

Alex Kurowski Level 0 Character

Hello! Myself and a few people are coming for our first GaryCon. A question we had was if our Adventurer League characters can choose not to apply levels earned in previous events in order to continue to play in subsequent adventures that have level limitations. For example, we will be doing the Season 4 Launch special which seems like it may take characters to level 3. Afterwards, we are signed up for DDEX1-A, B, C,D and E which say they are for levels 1-2 only. Could we defer applying our levels from the first event in order to participate in the follow up events? Or would we need to make new characters in order to participate?

We are all new to Adventurer League and appreciate any clarification! :)

2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Well, what we're running at Gary Con is only the first 4 hours of Death House (the Season Launch event). If a local gaming store ran the full content for Death House, the expected runtime would be closer to 12-16 hours. Death House, as we're running it, may take you to level 2, at most.

Having said that, you're always free to create new characters and start a new log sheet, if you'd like. I've seen folks run through events with different characters because they wanted a different experience (or they were building a stable of characters -- I didn't ask).