Adventuring in Hell

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by geekpreacher, Sep 30, 2012.

1. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Ok, had a gaming buddy of mine wanting to do a "one shot" adventure in the 9 hells (or one level of it) and asked if I'd run it. Ahh, the humor of it all. You call a preacher for an adventure in hell.

So, I was wondering if anyone knows of any adventures where the players go through the Hells or one of their levels. I'm familiar with A Paladin in Hell (2E module) and the Judges Guild: Inferno adventure. Do you guys know of any others? I'm looking for something to run for around a four-five hour session that works well as a one shot.

Appreciate any help.

2. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Oddly, the Nine Hells (which I always found more interesting then the Abyss) do not seem to get a lot of print, at least not in 1st edition. However, you could try the 2nd edition Planescape set adventures Hellbound: The Blood War and The Fires of Dis. And there is some good reading on the Hells to be found in the older Dragon Magazines; Ed Greenwood wrote several interesting articles on them in the early 80's. Finally, there is the Manual of Planes to get info from, if not an adventure.