Advice For Lottery Winners

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wcw43921, Jun 23, 2009.

1. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

Not that I'll ever need it, but the essay posted by this guy "Austrian" sounds like he knows what he's talking about. So if you should happen to win a multimillion-dollar prize--before you indulge you fantasies of updating your PC to a Cray mainframe, before you buy those cast-platinum miniatures and diamond-encrusted dice, before you hire Brad and Angelina for your custom NSFW video--read this first:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=828009&page=1

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

I did not know you were a member of AR15. I thought I was the only cool enough on these boards to be over there. :cool:

3. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

My most humble apologies, but I'm not a member of that forum. A poster on another forum linked to it, and I'm just passing on the link in the spirit of passing of potentially useful and perhaps even interesting information.

So you're still the coolest person on these boards. Congratulations. :mrgreen:

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

I would recommend you checking out their forum area. It is full of great threads about everything. A lot more than just guns...

I've been a member there since 2003. Solid board with a lot of great guys (and girls).

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

The heat index is 97 degrees, & I got the air set at 70. I think that makes me pretty KEWL, too. :)

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

That s solid advice. Suddenly coming into money seems to wreak alot of havoc in people's lives. I will definitely follow this dude's advice when I win the lottery!

7. LumpyCheeseman

LumpyCheeseman Level 0 Character

Holy Crap!!! That has got to be the most informative piece I've read in some time.

I was actually talking with one of my old bosses one day (mechanic), and we got on the subject of rich folks. It is Lake Geneva after all...it's bound to happen, the odds require it.

He suggested a name change before collecting, as all winners go on a national registry with names and pictures for people to peruse (gee....and they wonder where the stalkers come from...). Go from being John Smith to Ali Michael Hobknob and collect your winnings. Afterwards, pull all funds and retain it in a safe place, such as a safety deposit box. Once that is complete, revert back to John Smith, move away to an area noone knows you, and refrain from being a Ferrari driving spendy whore. Otherwise....the poo will hit the fan and splatter upon you like a tidal wave.

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

Notice how he says "when I win" not "if i win." Apparently his narrow escape in Circus Maximus has left him feeling confident in his continued good fortune.

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Of course, if any of you happen to win the lottery I know of a few good places you could make some nice, tax deductible donations! :D

Hey, wait....don't come after me for THAT.......I've said a LOT worse things in my life.

(And, remember, it IS a tax deduction! :twisted: )

10. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Ha! I only regret that I was forced to surrender the field due to the Legion Hall closing. Otherwise I am sure I would have emerged as the victor from the Circus Maximus :p

11. nukeddude

nukeddude Level 0 Character

Never won it... everyone must remember it is all based on statistics. even if you perchase more cards ur chances to get the cash don't change

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

It's a risk I'm willing to take. :D

13. javier

javier Level 0 Character

Totally agree, Multi-Million dollars is always a worthy risk... Sort of!