An unofficial 'who looks like what' thread...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Jan 29, 2010.

1. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Lancaster is in Fairfield County. It is about 30 miles South of downtown Columbus. Anyone ever been through here?

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay, I remember now. As a youngster I spent a few years living in New Lex (New Lexington) & Shawnee, old miners town. & yes, we had an outhouse. (Dam cold in the winter!) Went to a moonshine festival in some other small town. Can't think of the towns name. Worked at a place called Howdyshell Lumber company on the outskirts of New Lex. Even learned to speak the local lingo,

Hi y'all.
    How y'all doin'.
    Whatcha'all doin'.
    Where y'all goin'.
    See y'all at Garycon.

Seriously, nice people & very beautiful country, except for the strip mines.

3. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

I had a similar experience with the local dialect when I moved from Franklin Ohio to Paris Texas in 1980.

I lived there for six years and still to this day sometimes slip into that dialect. My favored one was always- “I’m fixin”. As in- “I’m fixin ta go, ya ready?”:lol:

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

My stepfather's from the hills of the eastern tip of Tennessee, my dad lives in the DFW area, and my mom grew up in Oakland. So, I find myself saying things like "I'mma," "fixin," and "ya" (for y'all)" alongside NorCal staples like "hella." LOL

5. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

That's me in the Punisher t-shirt - which I'll probably have along this year too - with the "last gamers standing" from Gary Con I (Gene Drebenstedt was there too but not in the pic). Luke was running Tomb of Horrors, no one had died yet, select OTHER players were starting to get cocky, and Luke was SUPPOSED to continue it.
    How 'bout it there, Lukester/Melf?
    Oh - and the name's built into the sig. ;)

[​IMG]

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

We closed out the gathering last year. And, no one died as we conquered ToH. That had to be a first?!

Good times, with great friends! Oh, and I guess Luke is included too. ;)

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

You didn't conquer SH*T! You are all going to DIE when you meet the lich- if you even make it that far.

(Plus I will not be massively hung over this year).

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Good to know there'll be another Kansan at GaryCon! :D

9. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i'm the Grinch in this pic.

10. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

There will be more Kansans, Grodog.

"There's no place like Greyhawk. There's no place like Greyhawk. There's no place like Greyhawk."
    And yes, tap together your elven boots and you will go home.

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Now, after getting home from the con, I can really look back at these pics and say, "Hey, I remember seeing him/her!"

I shared a smoke outside with Geek Preacher, talked with Luke and Flint Dille around noon on Sunday, once waited for my coffee along with Dale, drank some beers and played some games with Greywolf.

Now, if I only knew who those two characters were that gave me a ride home... :?

12. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Yeah, it was great to finally put some faces to names and meet people I've been chatting with, some for a long time. Your pic is in your mailbox BTW, R.W.

EDIT: BTW,this is what I look like (to Frank's right): [​IMG]

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Great picture! I hope to have some pictures up w/in the next few days. I hope the quality is okay because I had to use my old camera. (The new one has went out.)

14. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Ycch! :shock:

F

15. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Yeah, that IS a great pic - wish I'd remembered to get one too!

Next year when I get chained to the registration desk (lol/jk), I may just incorporate into the check in process that EVERYONE takes a pic with me!
    Haha, then I know I won't miss out on anyone!
    :lol:

16. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Yeah, thanks go to Chad (Red Wizard)! I got one with Frank last year, but it came out all blurry.
    ??? Pic too big? Sorry; just linking it in.

17. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Outside of gaming and grilling--now that would be a cool convention format:)--photography is my third hobby, so thanks for the compliment! Here is my pic with Frank, curtesy of dndgeek (who I thank again!).

[​IMG]

18. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I was going to ask Vicki if we could get the fire pit going on Saturday, but then it snowed. A cookout would be awesome, but very difficult for the lodge to pull off, if they kept the restaurant open too and you never know what weather you're going to get in WI in March.

Stop thanking me already! :)

19. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Errr, thanks ;)

G&G, now thats a concept! Gaming and Grilling, dare you seek the Vorpal Spatula?

Methinks I have found the next thread for the DGS website!

20. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Just too much hair on my part. ;>

F