Anybody know how late gaming goes each evening?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by DTaylor, Feb 16, 2017.

1. DTaylor

DTaylor Level 0 Character

It's been a few years since I've been to Gary Con (I attended #3 and #4), and from the event schedule it doesn't seem like most of the gaming goes that late each evening.

Anybody know/remember how late gaming tends to go each evening?

2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

There are scheduled events that go to midnight and beyond.

Off grid stuff can go as late as folks want.

PBurke likes this.
  3. DTaylor

DTaylor Level 0 Character

Thanks, gizmomathboy. I think part of what has me confused is the 'My Schedule', which I think might be showing things in my personal time zone, rather than the actual time zone.

My events are showing ones starting at 8:00 a.m. and most ending at 4 p.m. (one ending at 6).

4. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Things thin out significantly between 10 pm and midnight. I've played in events that ran until 2 am and I'm pretty sure there were no other events still going at that hour. There used to be Pathfinder events scheduled to start in the middle of the night, but I don't know if people actually played in those. I've heard rumors of pick-up games in people's hotel rooms, but I've got no idea how late that sort of thing goes.

5. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

DGS ran Cthulu at midnight a couple times and I've seen pickups posted of that and Chill at midnight.
    There is also usually someone running werewolf games late night somewhere.

PBurke likes this.
  6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I've played games well into the wee hours, but usually off-grid stuff from the hoard of games brought in specifically for the con. I've also had many, many a night of wee hour carousing...

7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Wait..there's carousing? After hours?

8. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

http://jrients.blogspot.com/2008/12/party-like-its-999.html

Scott308 likes this.
  9. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Try not to burn down the Grand Geneva (#20)

(Also, #13 actually happened to a fellow player IMC very recently. Oh, the mockery...)

10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'm actually surprised at how many of those have really occurred at GaryCon.

11. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i may still have red garter or other coupons from GC or Gary Cons past

12. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Look...the people at the St. Francis De Sales were very nice and agreed not to press charges...

13. athornton

athornton Footpad

Harold The Adequate ended up married at Winter War because of that damn table. Thanks, Jeff.