[AS&SH] Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by ghul, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ghul

ghul Chevalier

As originally debuted at Gary Con II:

HYPERBOREA ADVENTURE #1:
    Charnel Crypt of the Sightless Serpent

For 4 to 6 characters of levels 4 – 7.

[​IMG]

A millennium has passed since the Green Death swept across Hyperborea. In that bygone age of pestilence, a noble family fled the City-State of Khromarium. Far beyond the walls of the city, they entombed themselves in order to elude the inescapable plague. Their necromancer placed them in a deep slumber from which they never wakened. Also he summoned a mythical serpent to guard the vault, a beast reputed to shed gems for tears from eyeless sockets. Tales speak of this beast as the Sightless Serpent. Now, a knave of Khromarium claims to have witnessed the legendary beast. For a pittance he will lead your party to its trail…

Author: Jeffrey Talanian
    Art: Ian Baggley
    Editing: Matt Finch
    Cartography: Andreas Claren

Rules: For use with Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea and other traditional fantasy role-playing games, including modern simulacra or “retro-clone” games.
    Product Type: Adventure Module.
    Product Format: 16-page, 7 x 10 inch, black & white booklet; saddle stitched, with a cardstock, matte finish cover; maps printed on inside cover.
    Product Code: NWA102
    Product Price: $5.00
    Product Availability: Available Now! Order at our Online Store.

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Jeff,

That adventure looks cool, and what a great price!

Continued success my friend!

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

It's quite good. I finally read through the copy I bought at GC2 (and JT so graciously signed!) not long ago. It's not a terribly long adventure, but it has some good encounters. I plan to insert it in my campaign just prior to the party setting out for the The Forbidden City (I1). That beastie on the front cover is not one I'd like to tangle with anytime soon! I really like the flavor of the random encounters. Very swampy!

4. ghul

ghul Chevalier

@Dale: Thanks, mate! I'd like to think (hope!) a decent $5 module is a fine way to get folks to support a product line. I'd like to produce more in that price range.

@Druvas: Thank you for the kind words. I do hope you share your tales of adventure here or elsewhere.

Already looking forward to next year! ;)

5. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hi Jeff.

Thanks for the reminder about this mod. I put it aside and now have to find it and read it through.

Looking forward to it . and twas great to meet and chat with you.

FYI, we're having a CZ/UW trivia game on TLG forum. It just started, but already I'm having a great time re-reading the material!!

Best,

Rhu/Ross. :)

6. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Thanks, Rhuv!

Great to finally see you, too. And you even dressed like a boy!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the adventure.

The CZ:UW thing sounds fun. So says the Minstrel in the Gallery! ;)