[AS&SH] Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by ghul, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Hello fellows,

When Gary was still with us, I co-authored Castle Zagyg with him and also I developed several other projects under his guidance. After Gary passed away, and CZ was cancelled, I began work on a new project: Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (AS&SH), and for the last three years I've been running playtest sessions of AS&SH at Gary Con and other conventions (in addition to weekly play with my home group).

Well, in recent months we completed the development of the AS&SH RPG, and now we are looking to put it in print in time for Gary Con IV. Here is the KICKSTARTER fundraiser program we are running to raise funds. Please check it out at your convenience. Happy Gaming, and see you at GC IV!

Cheers,
    Jeff Talanian

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Really looking forward to this, Jeff. Keep working hard. :)

3. Mark Siefert

Mark Siefert Level 0 Character

I'll put in a contribution before the end of campaign, but AFTER the holidays are over.

4. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Thanks, Donovan. It's been an interesting transition from laptop writer to small business manager. There are a lot of time consuming things to juggle!

Thanks, Mark, that is very kind of you. I know the holidays can be tight, and I might not have selected the best time to run this fundraiser, but it was my best shot to have the game in time for Gary Con.

5. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

That'll do it for me - I'm in.

Oh, and:
    Just to let you know, Mark, backers of this particular Kickstarter campaign will not be charged their pledged amounts until Sunday, January 15th.
    So, you don't actually get charged right when you pledge - no charge until 1-15-12.

6. ghul

ghul Chevalier

James, thanks for mentioning that, and thank you for your pledge of support! Much appreciated, and looking forward to seeing you at GC IV.

I'd also like to give a shout out to Luke Gygax for his generous pledge of support. It was unnecessary, though very much appreciated, old pal. Thank you, sir!

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Jeff,

I just wanted the cool t-shirt! I hope I get to sit in on an adventure at Gary Con and hoist a Spotted Cow or two with you.

Luke

8. ghul

ghul Chevalier

That's the best thing I've heard all day! Indeed, a Spotted Cow or three would be just right! And I'd be thrilled to roll some dice with you. ;)

9. Mark Siefert

Mark Siefert Level 0 Character

Oh! In that case...

I'm in for $50.

Oh, query: Rather than having you worry about shipping them out to us, could we GaryCon backers pick up their copies at the Con?

10. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your generous pledge of support! You have helped us get closer to our KS funding goal, and that is much appreciated. Regarding the Gary Con backers, it's a good idea to bring backer copies to the show, but I don't want to guarantee it. Having the game at Gary Con IV is a goal that we are aiming for, and everything appears on track at the moment, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Jeff,

I almost forgot to stop by Kickstarter and help out. Hope everything goes well and I'm looking forward to seeing you in March.

12. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Hey Ghul, your goal was reached!

13. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Thank you very kindly for your generous pledge of support, Geek Preacher. Let's roll some dice together in March!

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

14. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Indeed! I am thrilled and humbled by the kind show of support from my gaming peers. It is very encouraging. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

15. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

You are past $7500 with 12 days to go. Maybe you can double your goal! Then we can have a deluxe version ready for Gary Con :D

16. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Yes! With hologram cover! :mrgreen:

Seriously, I am thrilled by the support of my gaming peers.

17. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Fellows,

Seven days remain for the Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea Kickstarter Campaign. Meeting our 10k stretch goal will be a great help in reducing out of pocket expenses for this project. Thank you to all our gaming peers for your generous pledges of support and well wishes. We could not have done this without you. :)

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

18. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Congrats on making the stretch goal, Jeff. :)

19. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Thanks, Donovan. I've been very fortunate in this fund drive. There are some very generous gamers who have pledged their support to our small press outfit, and I'm genuinely touched by their kindness.

20. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Hello fellows,

Just a quick reminder: 3 days remain for our Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers Kickstarter Campaign. For folks who are interested in this boxed set RPG, please note that a "Copper Level" support pledge gets you the game (boxed set with manuals, map, dice, and character sheet), your name in the credits, and a complimentary PDF of the game.

For pledgers in the USA, free shipping also applies, and in other countries, the shipping charges are extremely low ($3 for Canada + Mexico; $5 elsewhere). Standard shipping rates will apply once the fundraiser is over. Thank you for your consideration!

Cheers,
    Jeff T.