Avalon Hill Kingmaker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark, Oct 6, 2009.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

How many people would be interested in a two slot Kingmaker tournament?

Also, would it be better as back-to-back slots or one slot per day (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday)?

If we wanted to limit it to a 3 1/2 hour game (each slot), we could even cut the last half hour off the first slot and the first half hour off the second slot to give us an hour long break between games.

Anything else to consider?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/987

2. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

I've played Kingmaker and enjoyed it, without seeing how the event schedule will shape up I wouldn't commit to playing anything for now though.

Out of curiosity, basic Kingmaker aside do you know of any good variants (say Hyborian or Greyhawk)? I ran across a guy on the net a while back that used Kingmaker for running his campaign at the national level - just took the mechanics, cards etc., filed off the serial numbers and applied it to his campaign world.

Andy

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Never tried of saw that before though I can see how that would be fun.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Anyone who arrives early and is planning on playing in the first slot tomorrow, feel free to track me down as I've got several copies and you can review the rules if you like. I'm also fine with some people borrowing a copy of the game for later in the convention if they would like to check it out.

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

What a great time. I tried to facilitate with a light touch and keep scarce. There's a fine lin that you walk as someone not playing between being helpful with the rules and tipping off someone to a strategy of someone else. Very risky to say too much and torpedo someone else's game. There were some big turning points where nobles died in battles and the like but at different times it would have looked like almost anyone could have won the game. Hard fought by all involved, newer players and experiences ones. Thanks for joining in the fun! :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/creativemou ... 8486635346

[​IMG]

6. welleran

welleran Footpad

Fun game! says he who is second from left.

7. Tellion Steele

Tellion Steele Level 0 Character

"I got Scrope!" That from front-left with indignation... Yes, it was a fun game even for a newbie who could not improve his lot throughout the entire game.

8. osarious

osarious Chevalier

At least BOTH your nobles didn't die in the same battle, thus crippling me for the rest of the game. From the center. :evil:

9. welleran

welleran Footpad

A few more hits like that on you leaders and I might've had a chance!