Badge Registration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emperor Xan, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

So, I purchased a badge over a week ago and don't see it listed on my account. I used the PayPal route that essentially wrote a check against my bank account and am wondering if there's a delay in the system for this type of transaction or not.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

There were some sporadic issues before, but I do believe it can take a number of days before an e-check clears. I'm sure Donal will look into it and get back to you.

3. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Yeah, mine hasn't shown up either. I think Chris has to do it manually for some of us (which I think he is getting around to soon), but he confirmed early on (the night I registered I think), that my registration did in fact occur and that I was signed up (all that matters). I'm sure the same is true for you, Xan, so I wouldn't worry too much.

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

There have been a few bugs with the badges showing up in the online accounts. We're still tracking down the last couple, one of which is with e-Checks. If your PayPal account shows the payment, then we have the records and you'll be fine. I plan to update all missing badges this weekend so there won't be any issues with event submissions, which begins next week.

If you were unlucky enough to be one who purchased a badge and did not have it show up, and by chance you received any sort of error message or strange website phenomena, please let me know the details as every little thing helps us ferret out these minor issues.

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Got mine!

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I'm in the same boat as you. I purchased mine on 10/27 and it's not showing on my account. I wouldn't have thought to check it out if I didn't see this thread. Thanks.

7. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Ditto!

8. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I went to register some events and the site tells me that I never purchased a badge, even though I know I did, and even used the survey code, too. Did you, or did you not, receive my payment? Thanks for checking!

Ken

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Mine still isn't showing up either so I went and made sure it had been processed through PayPal and it had. So, I'm just waiting to hear back on it.

I'm not really sweating it as I'm sure they'll have it worked out fairly quickly.

10. Donal

Donal Administrator

All user accounts that purchased a badge prior to 11/08, but that did not post to the account, have been updated.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks. As always you guys are awesome. I appreciate all the work you're doing.

12. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Cool, mine shows up. Thanks.

Incidentally, I thought I remembered reading that event selection preference would be given according to how early people registered. If that is the case, can you (Chris, someone) confirm that our "timing" reflects our PayPal receipt and not today's date?

13. Donal

Donal Administrator

This year, we are doing (attempting) live event registration (this was something heavily requested over the previous system). If you'll notice, you now have something called Gary Con Points (conveniently, GPs). These are the currency you'll use for registering for events. In the past, you were able to get 1 VIP event, 3 regular events and several more special events. We hope the GP system will allow more flexibility when choosing your events (perhaps you'll want 2 VIP events, or 5 regular events, or 10 special events).

As of now, everyone starts with 30 GPs. Events will cost from 1 GP up to 15 GPs, depending on several factors (we're still tweaking the list). We're going to keep it simple this year and see how it works. In future years, we hope to reward our loyal attendees. You'll notice we have implemented an experience point system as well. This will help us reward our frequent attendees and hard-working DMs and volunteers by creating a level-based reward system. More information will follow as we finalize the details.

14. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

So signing up early is not a factor in any way, as it was in previous years? If it's not a factor, that's cool, then it doesn't matter that my registration is marked two+ weeks later than my receipt. I just don't want to get screwed out of getting events because of a system error.

15. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Correct. Order of badge registration is not a factor in event acquisition as it was in prior years.

16. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Perfect - music to my ears. :)

17. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

This system helps me a lot, I can plan more and more in advance.
    A huge thank you from Italy, this will save me many headaches, I need very very simple planning in order to keep lucid and concentrated and to speak English all the day long, especially at a game table!
    Thanks again!

18. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

someone [Chris?] wrote me a couple of weeks ago letting me know that my registration had not been updated because my account info had not been udated. I immediately updated the GC info to match my name on the paypal account, etc. as requested and replied to the email - twice now. And I am still not showing as a registered attendee. :?

Could someone please check things on the admin side? Thanks.

~Hoyt.

19. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

So, if registration time is irrelevant, I'm guessing there will still need to be "tie breaker" metrics for events where demand exceed supply (50 people all want to spend 15 GPs to sign up for a VIP event that seats 8, for example). You talked about an experience point system that rewards frequent attendees, DMs and volunteers. Any more clarity on how this works, when people find out what their relative "buying power" is and so forth?

I'm thinking of a case where a guy tries to sign up for a VIP event, but gets bumped because he doesn't have the "experience," only to find that maybe his second, third, etc choices have filled up in the meantime.

20. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Since Event Registration (purchase) is going to a live system this year I'm pretty sure that the tie breaker is time of "purchase" - either there are seats available or there aren't.