Beds at The Lodge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Jan 12, 2012.

1. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

How are the beds at The Lodge? I understand they've recently renovated. Has any stayed there since they renovated? Did they replace the beds?

I ask because my wife has a degenerative disc condition in her spine. Our kerfluffle with Comfort Suites has been resolved (they upgraded their software and they'd been giving out the wrong prices), so we find ourselves with reservations at both places. The Lodge is obviously more convenient, but my wife knows she can sleep in the beds at the Comfort Suites. If she can't handle the beds at The Lodge, it's going to be a VERY long weekend.

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

You might want to go with what you know and then sample/tour some of the rooms (you're welcome to check out my room) at the Lodge this year with an eye on staying there next year. It would be a shame to sacrifice getting a good night's sleep just to be a bit closer, though I can understand the draw.

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I would just give the Lodge a call and ask what matresses they are using. If it meets your wife's specs- great. If not, make sure to stay at the Comfort Suites. A good night of sleep makes life much better!

4. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Sleep at cons?????

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Yes, it boggles the mind. I'm just thrilled that my wife, who is not really a gamer, enjoys coming to Gary Con with me. Gonna try to get her into at least one game a day this year (she played in one of Jim Ward's Metamorphosis Alpha games last year), but that will depend on how well she does with her back pain. Chronic, debilitating, degenerative conditions suck.