Braunstein as Featured Event

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Handy Haversack, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

First, congrats on a very smooth registration process. That was an incredible relief after years past.

Since I'm a gamer and so contractually obligated to complain about something, it's this: The Thursday Braunstein I event was switched to "Featured" at the eleventh hour. This threw off my calculus, meaning I couldn't grab something else that I otherwise would have joined some friends in. Which, OK, I get that, but: I'm the only one who registered for it. And I'm pretty sure that when the Diamond and Platinum badges registered on Sat., it was not a Featured Event. I'm excited to play in it and glad to have gotten in, but the last-minute-ness of all that leaves a bad taste.

All that said, a super-successful process! Thanks, GC team!

2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Handy, to be fair the Diamond and Platinum could have snagged seats for it at any time up to and including the goldrush. The could have turned in tickets or used any FEs they hadn't used. As of this morning not all Diamond/Platinum FE opportunities had been used (like 66 of 72).

3. paul j. stormberg

paul j. stormberg Chevalier

Howdy All,

The event reverted automatically for some reason. Skip Williams has fixed the issue and the event is now a standard ticket event.

Futures Bright,

Paul

4. Handy Haversack

. . .

Paul, you are very clearly one of the good guys, and I have been an admirer of your work for old-school gaming for a long time. But this is very bad form, friends. The *double price* of a Gold badge is made completely meaningless by things like this. And it kind of invalidates the--

nevermind. It's just super frustrating, though, guys. I am glad that other people will be able to register without using their only Featured Event slot. That should make it all the more fun. Just a minor tremor in the force, though if this system is used next year, please: make sure each event's status is locked in well before the first registration event. Otherwise, what's the point of having different levels?

Scott308 and chainsaw like this.
  5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

May or may not be something you can/want to do, but -

There is time now before the Saturday Silver rush, to return an item(s) and/or choose another featured.

Just a thought

6. Handy Haversack

It's fine. All is cool here. Just a passing frustration.