Call of Cthulhu, 5th Ed. via Skype

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by red wizard, Dec 20, 2011.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hi all, I am really wanting to give the 5th edition Call of Cthulhu game I am planning to run at Gary Con a run-through. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing--assuming they are not already thinking to sign up for it at Gary Con. I'll need 4 - 6 players. If interested, the game will be played via Skype on Sunday nights starting around 6 or 7PM central. The name of the game is, The Thing They Brought Back, and it takes place aboard the Titanic! I ran this game already at Gen Con 2008 and all seemed to have fun so send me a private message if interested. :)

[​IMG]

2. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Hey Red,
    Did you get enough players for this? I'd like to join in if there is room.

MoT

3. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

I think that I sent Red a PM either here or on the DGS forum, having only recently discovered that it is back.

4. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hi guys, apologies for not getting back to you all on this. Been so busy with writing up my events, I have had blinders on to everything else. Okay, let's do it!

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

So, Greywolf and Jayson Elliot (formerly of Roll for Initiative) joined me last night via Skype to begin our 5th Edition Call of Cthulhu campaign and I think it went well-- Silas' was unfortunately having to take care of a sick wife, we've all been there, and Maker was also unable to join us last night. It was good to shake off the cobwebs and get back into the flow of perhaps my favorite rpg. We are playing an extended version of, The Thing They Brought Back, which is the adventure I will be running at Gary Con this March. This was a first time playing CoC for both players -- which is just the way I like it -- and I think they are making the transition in game dynamics rather well. I also want to thank them both for their honest critiques after the session, it definitely helps with streamlining the story for use at a convention and gives valuable insight into what the players -- especially new players to the system -- need to successfully navigate their characters along among the many diverse NPCs and find their "hook". I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did and I'm already looking forward to our next session.

And, if anyone is interested in joining us -- and are not already signed up for the event at Gary Con, as I do not want to ruin any surprises there -- we still have room for one or two more players. We play once or twice a month on Sunday nights around 8PM Central via Skype.

6. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Sorry I missed it. Was in town and out with my GF. ;) I'll do my very best to be there for the next session.

MoT