Call of Cthulhu by Strobelight Games and Party

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by makerofthings, Aug 27, 2012.

1. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

The DGS is working on a themed gaming event with a party tie-in. On Friday the DGS will be running 3-4 CoC by Strobelight events, these games are 70's based adventures set in the Cthulhu mythos. Following the the games the DGS will be hosting a 70's party back at the DGS Villa. You will need a CoC 70's special edition power ring of gaming to attend, players that sign up for the event will automatically receive a ring and invite. We will also be passing out a limited amount of rings during GaryCon. Anyone showing up at the door without a ring but wearing vintage 70s clothing or in full KISS make-up will automatically be allowed to enter.

MoT
    Michael

2. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

Will a black ring with white skull and places for dice on the side or a black one with green cthulu work?

3. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Nay, lol. I'm making a new ring for the occasion. We will have rings for those who sign up for the CoC by Strobe-light games and some to pass out during the con. Also, if you run any game for the DGS you get a automatic invite.

MoT

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Sounds cool. I'm definitely going to try to play in at least one of the Cthulhu games this year, especially if someone does that Scooby-Doo Cthulhu adventure I heard rumors about last year! Jinkies!

When planning out the games I'm running, I'll be sure to leave my Friday afternoon/evening wide open.

5. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I would like to try that event as well. Zoinks!

6. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I might be up for running Scooby and the Gang through some Cthulhu By Strobelight.

How's this sound?

"A Spooky Night for an Elder Fright"

Velma receives a mysterious letter claiming her to be a potential heir to the fortune of Captain Obed Marsh... provided she stays the night in the Captain's allegedly haunted Innsmouth mansion. But when the other four heirs start to disappear during the night, will Scooby and the gang be able to solve the mystery of Innsmouth? This may call for two Scooby Snacks! :shock:

7. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Sounds like a groovy caper Red. The CoC by Strobe light event will be held on Friday, if any one else would like to run a 70's based CoC game just let us know.

MoT

8. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

:!:
    Sounds like a merry-friggin'-time!
    Just in case duties keep me from the events, how's about a ring party pass for the lone survivor from last year's (maddeningly fun) Staff/Volunteer CoC game?
    :ugeek: :) :ugeek:

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

:idea:
    ...and since it's '70s, we could also dress as vintage TSR folks - 'course I guess Ernie, Luke, etc. would get dibs on THE "Great Old (School) One" - and I ain't referencing Cthulhu!
    :cool:

10. ThrashLibrarian

ThrashLibrarian Level 0 Character

I'm all over this...Hopefully I can get a seat at one of the tables!!

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I need to find a nice vintage smoking jacket so I can be all Hugh Heffner!

Preferably one to go with my awesome fez. Fezzes are cool! :D

12. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Indeed!

[​IMG]

13. silas

silas Chevalier

WOW! I want one

14. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I have the Cthulhu fez from Fez-O-Rama. It's stylish and comfortable, too.

15. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

When I think of the 70's I always think of Fezzes. I remember that TV show "Fantasy Fezzes" or "Three's Company and Fezzes". And who could forget the super cool character in Happy Day's, The Fez. I'll have a special roped off section for men in fezzes wearing smoking jackets.

16. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Here's a Fez from the 70s.

[​IMG]

17. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Tom Bosley would have wanted it this way

[​IMG]

18. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I am definitely down for some 70's action. Hopefully there will be some disco dancing. :shock: I have to polish up on doing the Hustle so I am fully prepared!