Contacting the hotel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gcrandy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. gcrandy

gcrandy Level 0 Character

Hi Guys Randy Porter from Indy here. I've tried for the past two days to call the hotel to book my room but nobody's answering the phones. I've tried the several of the 1-800's and the local and nada. Thought I would try the forums.
    Thanks
    Randu

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Hi Randu, & welcome to the forums. Don't know why you're having so much trouble? The number on the event flyer is working fine. (1-800-225-5558) Here is the local number; 262-248-9121. Try that & let me know.
    The Keeper :)

3. gcrandy

I have been trying the 1-800-225-5558 a dozen times since yesterday morning and even their sales and catering number 800-248-4642. No joy. I just tried the local number 262-248-9121 and all they do is ring and ring. Very odd.

4. rickwins

rickwins Level 0 Character

I am also having the phone ring, and ring. I also tried the contact us on the web site and once I put all the information in it brings up a webpage error.

5. gcrandy

I called the Visitor And Convention Association and they say they're for the present time only open on the weekends. They don't know why there not answering their phones. So that's some info.
    Randu

6. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I had the same problem late last week. They finally answered the 4th or 5th time I called. Don't know why.

7. ghul

ghul Chevalier

For three straight days now I have called them 15-20 times per day. Nobody is home. This is getting frustrating. :x

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

Someone in the neighborhood connected to the convention should get to the bottom of this before it becomes too late to do something should action need to be taken. I, too, have tried to call a number of times with no response (no phone machine or voicemail?).

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

We are aware of the phone issue, and are working through the issue. No need to go by the resort as they are closed. We have already had people (thanks Ernie & Bill) head over to investigate and are currently trying to see The Lodge's time frame for the changes/construction that they are involved in.

More details will be posted over the next few days.

ETA: Also, Harold has been doing recon to let us know. Thanks!

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Thanx Dale, you just saved me a road trip. :)

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

Closed for construction? Makes sense. They should put up a phone message to that effect. Thanks for checking it out.

12. gcrandy

Thanks for the info, I was just wanting to find out the room rates and book my room. Strange that they don't have a phone message or have a update on their webpage.
    Randu

13. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Just echoing what Dale said. The Lodge is doing some construction and they have a limited staff working now. I believe something happened to their phone system with the construction. We are tracking it and will post up when they return to normal operating status.

14. Donal

Donal Administrator

Here's the latest:

1) The hotel is open on the weekends and will take calls then.
    2) Going forward, Gary Con attendees do not need to provide Credit Card information nor place a night's deposit. The waiving of this requirement allows....
    3) Reservation requests can be sent via email (for Gary Con only) to: [email protected]

Please continue to let us know of any problems you may have.

15. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Well, I'm not sure if it's a problem or not, but I did as you suggest and now 4 days later I have yet to receive an email reply or any other response.

--Jeff T.

16. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the info Jeff. That is a concern. It is very frustrating to have this shutdown/remodel occuriing within 60 days of Gary Con. Please be patient and I'll have this checked on again.

Luke

17. lejanius

lejanius Level 0 Character

I have had the same problem. No one is answering the phone or my email. I haven't been able to book my room.

remodel or not, it isn't that hard to a phone number re-routed for a couple months to another line to take reservations or make other accommodations.

I would love to book my room, so any suggestions would be helpful

Jerimy

18. mark

mark Spellbinder

I was able to contact them on Saturday. I suggest waiting until this Saturday and contacting them at that point. Hopefully you will have no trouble then.

19. Donal

Donal Administrator

The hotel is open now through Sunday afternoon. Please call this weekend to make your reservations. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please be sure not to pay the 1 night deposit as they are waiving the requirement in light of the hotel issues.

20. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Well dangit, I wish I knew that a month ago when they put one night's deposit on my CC.