Contacting the hotel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gcrandy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I called on Saturday and they answered after the first ring. Very polite desk clerk and got my room.
    Hoody Hoo!!!! :D

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear that the Lodge is operational again! I understand that the snow this year was very heavy and impacted a lot of businesses. The lodge is a great venue for Gary Con. If attendance keeps growing we will have to look for a larger venue though :D

3. bighara

bighara Chevalier

We tried to reach them Sunday PM, but I guess the office had closed by then. We'll try again Saturday. When is the construction, etc. due to finish?

4. Legba

Legba Level 0 Character

I'm having an interesting experience contacting them as I live in Norway and aren't able to phone the lodge. On the website neither the reservation system or the "contact us" forms seem to be working, so I'm a bit at a loss for what to do.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

5. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Had the same problem last year.
    I never met Ed Snyder but he replied at least to an email, a thankful one :roll:
    My best contact has been Chris Moore, the guy that has fixed some reservation problem we had last year. His email, if it is not inappropriate to use it, is: [email protected]
    Maybe this email address could have the same problem as the others but try is for free so... ;)

6. Legba

Legba Level 0 Character

Thanks, I've sent an email to Chris. Hopefully he'll get back to me. I'll let you know how it went.

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Good to see you here, Legba. Keep me updated on how getting a room is going because you know I'll do whatever I can to help you out.

I'm excited you're coming to GaryCon and looking forward to seeing you again!

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

A quick update. For contacting the Lodge, they are still on part-time hours, only open on the weekend. Unfortunately, due to a change in billing/management, their 800 number is currently not working. Their local number is hard to find on the website, so here it is:

Lodge: (262) 248-9121

In addition, they have provided us with an exclusive line for making our reservations. If no one answers the above, please try the following number:

(262) 374-4607

If no one answers this number, this is a voicemail account set up for you to leave the necessary information to complete your reservation.

The Lodge hopes to be back open 24/7 starting March 1st. Be patient.

And please, if anyone has any problems, PM me as soon as you can. Thanks.

9. sajflorida

sajflorida Level 0 Character

Still having immense trouble attempting to book a room at the Lodge. I've tried the first number to no avail, and now it just rings busy for me for the last 3 days. The second and special Con number, I called last Monday (6 days ago) and left my information and have yet to hear back, so I called again today and left yet another message. It states you will get a call back from service personnel within 48 hours.

Anyone know if there are any working phones there for anyone? Would love to get a room.

Thank you.

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

We stopped by there yesterday & there was a note on the entrance door which said that they would be openning this coming Friday, 03/11/11. There was also 'ANOTHER' phone number on this note.....
    262-249-3853, if you wished to make reservations. :roll: We're just going to wait until this coming friday & stop down there again to 'SEE' if anyone is around.
    From the schuttlebutt we overheard the secretary taking all the reservation info walked-off the job last week.
    We have also left numerous voicemails with no response. :evil:
    If there is no one at the hotel this friday I will stop by the general offices & find out wha the hell is going on!

11. dramaman

dramaman Level 0 Character

I decided to go ahead and hedge my bets and reserve a room at a hotel close by. I'll keep trying to reserve a room at the Lodge and cancel my current reservation if I'm successful. Hopefully I will be able to get a hold of someone.

12. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hopefully, the hotel will get it all sorted out and be ready. Tight schedule and all that.

Just a thought for all . . if the hotel runs outs of rooms or doesn't have all their rooms ready due to the construction or what is that may be causing any issues ~

The Plaza Motel that's in downtown LG is a great option. I've been staying there for years, as it is cheaper and the owners are top notched great peeps.

:)

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I have to say that my only worry would be that the Hotel would not be ready in time for GCIII. I hope all their repairs are on schedule. My plans are already booked but I wanted to check my reservation to verify a few things but haven't been able to do so.

Here's to good wishes that all goes well.

14. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The Lodge has given us numerous guarentees that they will be fully mission capable before GC III. This is a huge money making opportunity for them- so ithey have incentive to be ready. If a worst case scenario materializes, we have an ace up our sleeve. Gary Con III will have a home and it will be a quality venue. Never fear!

15. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Everybody will pack into either:

A. The local strip joint
    or
    B. Ernie's House

:mrgreen:

16. gamer-greg

gamer-greg Level 0 Character

Have tried to contact The Lodge at Geneva Ridge to book hotel reservations, no luck yet. I will try again this weekend. Maybe I better bring a pup tent to Gary Con; just in case.

17. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks for the reassurances, Luke. Definitely looking forward to having a good time.

If you guys could have some kind thoughts for my mother-in-law, I'd appreciate it. She was going to watch the kids so my wife and I could go to GCIII but some medical issues have occurred with her so the kids will probably come with us. If the issues get worse, then my wife will stay at home and spend time with her mom.

So, those of you who pray, please pray and those who don't I'd appreciate any goodwill.

18. mark

mark Spellbinder

Will hope for the best with your mom but also it sounds as if a lot of GaryCon folk are bringing their kids this year.

19. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Prayers & goodwill sent your way, G.P.

20. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Thanks guys. Looks like my wife won't be able to come with me. So, no wife and no kids.......and for me that's a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping to have her meet quite a few friends of mine.

My mom-in-law has a mild form of cancer but they should be able to remove it without a need for chemotherapy. However, my wife wants to spend that week with her mom and I can't say as I blame her. (It's my wife's spring break so she'll be off work.)

Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going. I was planning on driving up but now it looks like I'll be flying. I have some medical equipment I have to take with me and it's always a pain to carry it through the airport. *sigh*

Unlike some of you guys, I've already prepaid for my hotel room and my wife doesn't seem to mind me being gone part of the week. She knows I need to get away from the area. (If I don't get out of the area, I really don't get time off. People find out I'm at home or close by and I will still get phone calls.)

I appreciate all the kind thoughts.