Creative Corner - pitch your work

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tellion, May 14, 2011.

1. tellion

tellion Footpad

Having now attended 2 GaryCons, I know there is a no dearth of creativity among those who peruse these forums. How many of you have written short stories or novels? What about campaign modules? Any indy film makers in the house?

Show off what you've done! I'll start:

I just e-published Rogue's Honor, my first book that I wrote and shelved several years ago. GC3 inspired me to dust off the project, and I was surprised how little it took to clean it up and get it ready for epub. You can find in Amazon's Kindle store (http://amazon.com/dp/B004ZUWSCO) and I'll have it up at Barnes & Noble for the Nook soon.

For more, check out the Amazon page or look at my webpage.

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm working on my first (published) novel, Wings of Twilight. It's currently being edited and I'm shooting for an Fall 2011 release on Kindle & other e-pub platforms. I have art on order for the cover and for the maps. You can read more about it at my website http://hccummings.wordpress.com.

My website also has a couple of pieces of short fiction I've written, as well as links to some gaming material I've worked on for Rite Publishing.

3. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I don't know if this counts or not (for this context) but I've been collecting my sermons over the past few years and am thinking about publishing them through various types of media. The only problem I face is how to handle quotations and illustrations. They're properly cited but I wonder if it would be worth it.

On the other hand, I am thinking of trying to put together just a collection of specifically "geek" sermons.

FWIW

4. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I have written two books. Neither have seen the light of day.
    The first, a murder mystery surrounding a Rolling Stone magazine reporter, had 13 chapters when i let my sister read it and it got lost the NEXT day. (back when we only had typewriters)
    The second was based on the Star Trek Next Generation, just before the first episode.
    During said episode ,the first thing to technically go wrong with the ship was the plasma inducers asper Data's instructions (go back and watch it). Anyway, I wrote a crime drama based upon the use of aftermarket, cheap material plasma inducers being substituted for the real thing during ship construction.
    The publisher was having a contest for unsolistited material and I couldn't resist.

5. tellion

tellion Footpad

Hans, good luck with Wings of Twilight. The concept sounds interesting. I'll keep an eye open for it in fall.

GP, sermons count. There is definitely a creative aspect in them. Keep us posted on the "Geek" sermons.

Smokin', I can completely relate. One of my earlierst works (a sort of Red Dawn story), I let a girlfriend read and never got it back... Guess I shouldn't have kissed the other girl ;) I also have a couple hundred typed pages of my absolute first book that I wrote in 9th grade back in '82-83... Even my current book began as a short story in the late 80's and was resurrected when sudden inspiration struck.

Keep the projects coming!