David Eddings died...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dale, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Wow. Yes, I remember when I heard about it. I also greatly enjoyed Eddings. I think part of growing older is when all your heroes begin to pass away. I remember someone saying that about John Wayne when I was a kid.

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

See, I hadn't heard that. I can't say I was a big fan, but I did like the Belgariad and the Mallorean. Too bad, I was hoping he'd produce something new and refreshing.

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

When I heard this, my first thought was: "Damn, only two of my heroes/influences are alive." And then I wondered, what would it be like to reach a modicum of success in my field before any of them had passed and be able to tell them personally that without them, none of what I've accomplished would have come to pass. Now, I have no illusions that I'm anywhere near such a state, but it is the sort of thing on which a writer would probably base a story.

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, I read the Mallorean, Belgariad, and even the Ellenium. What a shame he is gone. I really enjoyed his writings.

6. amalric

amalric Level 0 Character

Wow. I really missed this, and now it's nearly six months on. I read the Belgariad and the Mallorean years ago, and really enjoyed them.

Catches us all in the end.