Dead Games Society Event list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by makerofthings, Nov 19, 2011.

1. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Here’s the current DGS event run-down for Gary Con IV.

The Five and a Half Minute Hallway – 5th Edition CoC (Cthulhu By Strobe-light)
    The Dead Walk in Cirrha – Hercules and Xena (WEG) RPG
    Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb of Antiochus – Indiana Jones Adventures
    KISS-Tastrophe - Guest GM - G. Simmons - A Rock n Roll TSR Marvel Adventure
    These are not the Droids you’re looking for - Guest GM - TK-421 - A Star Wars D20 Misadventure
    The Doom of the Avengers - Guest GM - Tony Stark - Silver age TSR Marvel Adventure
    A Pet Rock and a Hard Place - A d20 CoC by Strobe Light Adventure – guest-GM American Swinger, Stanley Bovalish
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail Part Five - Guest DM Brother Maynard's Brother - 3.5 DnD adventure
    Horror on the Love Boat - Guest DM Capt. Stubbing - d20 CoC by Strobe Light Adventure
    Bustin' the Con - Ghostbusters
    Soylent People are Green - Paranoia
    Imperial Entanglements - Star Wars (WEG D6)Paranoia
    How Dry I Am – Ghostbusters
    Full Auto-Negotiate-- Cyberpunk 2013
    Shades of Amber-- Amber DRPG
    The March of Time-- Doctor Who Role-Playing Game (Fasa)
    The Thing They Brought Back-- 5th Edition Call of Cthulhu
    Last Man Laughing-- DC Heroes (Mayfair)
    What Stays in Vegaz-- Gamma World
    Drums from the Deep—MERP
    A Wake in the Night-- Vampire:The Dark Ages
    And still in the works are other tentative events using these game systems:
    Mutant Future
    Tales From the Floating Vagabond
    It Came From the Late Late Show
    Timemaster

2. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Two more added:

Postage Due - Timemaster
    Arbor Day! - It Came From The Late, Late, Late Show

3. silas

silas Chevalier

I hope we have enough players for all of that!

4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Yeah, I'm always amazed at how many games I hear people planning to run and wonder how they'll ever fill.

But on the flip side, when I start guessing numbers, I get the opposite result - you figure roughly 500 people at an average of maybe 7/game, that's 70 potential games running at any given time.

Granted, all 500 aren't in play at once - people sit out slots to volunteer, socialize, eat, arrive late/leave early, see the town, get some sleep. But even at maybe half that actually available to play, that would still make 35 events worth of people.

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I have to say, I think this Garycon will boast some of the best games anyone will find at just about any convention! ;)

6. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Do not underestimate the number of "side games" going on, either.

At GaryCon II, I don't think I signed up for anything...and gamed the entire time...

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yep! I can testify to the same experience. While I signed up for games at GC III, I also had a blast in a number of pickup games. In fact, I'm contemplating a "drop in and drop out" D&D game for friends and family when I've got some free time. This way we can have all kinds of different people playing since everyone has a pretty crazy schedule. I'm wondering how well something like this would translate to a Con.

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I think they have that - its called Tower of Gygax :)

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Of course. DOH! I enjoyed playing this at GenCon and it was a lot of fun. That's probably where I remember getting the idea. I know they had guest DM's come in two hour slots and the adventures would change depending on the person running it.

10. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

hey yeah, I had mentioned in one of the other threads an idea I had to bring UnderMountain with me and offer to run 'pop-in/pop-out' sessions for players in between scheduled events.

Although I've been thinking since I posted that info... I might rather just take in the GaryCon experience my first year strictly as a player. Then perhaps I could return the following year and offer to DM.

I'll certainly be watching for a mega-dungeon style game regardless. ;) Love those as a player and as a DM.

and I'll look to sign up for Drums from the Deep—MERP since I missed out on MERP back in the day. Thanks DGS! :D

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Sounds good, feel free to bone up on your Lord of the RIngs, in particular the chapter, A Journey In The Dark.

12. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Adding a new Event.

"Call of Cthulhu, where are you?"
    The Mystery Van breaks down on the outskirts of Innsmouth. Things are not quite right in this sleepy coastal town. Guest Star Don Knotts

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Oh, man. I've played Scooby Doo Cthulhu in the past and enjoyed it a great deal. It was loads of fun. I may have to try and get in on this one. Too much DGS goodness going on!

14. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

I better bring my DGS rings for all this goodness.

15. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Jinkies! I'd better bring my bullet!

16. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

"Hey gang! Look! It's Don Knotts!"

Now, if you can just work in appearances by Mama Cass, Sonny and Cher, The Harlem Globetrotters, Tim Conway, Dick Van Dyke, and Batman and Robin!

17. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Now that would be an All Star Cast. Perhaps the Gang are invited to the Bob Hope Christmas Special to investigate the strange disappearance of said host. The guest stars pitch in a hand with frightening consequences. Ever wonder why Mr. Hope had such longevity? Play the game and find out. :twisted:

MoT

18. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

And yes bring your PROG's to fill up with dice. I'm also working on a new ring especially for GC. It might have to be a pinky ring as I have found Gamers have notoriously thick fingers. :lol:

MoT

19. The D20 Star Wars game, is it RCR or Saga edition?

20. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I love to present swag to folks who sign up for my games. Got some great stuff for folks this year. Even got Chessex involved with a few custom dice jobs.

As a preview, anyone who signs up for Timemaster - Postage Due - will get a set of these (one red and one blue):

[​IMG]