Dead Games Society Power Ring of Gaming (PRoG)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by makerofthings, Feb 3, 2011.

1. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Just wanted everyone to know that we will offering Power Rings of Gaming this time at Garycon. There are many ways to get a PRoG.

DM PRoG- If you run a DGS game you get a DM PRoG. It is red and has six fillable die chambers. Each time you run a game you earn another die. Once all 6 are filled you get a special title and token of appreciation.

Best Player PRoG- If you are a player in a DGS event and voted Best Roleplayer of the group, you get a Special PRoG. It is black and has six fillable die chambers. Each time you play in an official DGS game you earn another die. Once all 6 are filled you get a special title and token of appreciation.

Icon PRoG- some DGS events will offer Icon PRoG. These special rings will be themed to the event, featuring our mascot Vincent. Some of those events are Star Wars, CoC, Top Secret and MSH. Not all events will have iPRoGs. I am creating iPRoGs all the time so the list grows to how many iPRoGs there are to collect

Standard PRoGs- You can also get a SPRoG by hunting down one of the Founding members and asking for one. The founding members are Colin(Silias), Chad(Red) and me, Michael(makerofthings). If we are wearing a SPRoG it is yours (not the Red DM ring which by charter laws we must wear at all times or be flogged). The SPRoGs are neat because they come in a wide spectrum of colors. The SPRoGs are very limited, so find us early before supplies run out.

Brown Nose PRoG - If you find me (MoT) and sing my praises and tell me repeatedly what a great guy I am. You will receive the coveted Brown Nose PRoG. It is brown and comes with many special privileges. These include ass kissing, carrying my stuff around and spreading the word that I AM an awesome guy despite rumors to the contrary. I will have plenty of these rings to go around.

Thanks

MoT

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

WAY KEWL!!!!! :D
    (Except that Brown one!) :twisted:

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

If I bring you a Spotted Cow, will I get a ring?

4. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

That sounds like a good start…..
    MoT

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Well sheesh. Should I be naked when I bring it? ;-)

6. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Lol! :shock: :? :lol:

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

zing!

8. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

The nakedness is optional, the spotted cow is not. You will receive a ring for pure cheek.

MoT

9. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

10. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

That's one brown ring I want no part of.

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

How do we go about running "official" DGS games? I know I'm probably going to run some dead games as pick up games.

Hit me up if you see me at GCIII because I want to find out more about your group. Maybe do an interview with you if you're interested.

12. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

That sounds great. I'll certainly have a ring for ye. If you contact [email protected] he can fill you in on the details of running a DGS game under our banner. You'll even get a Red DM ring for your troubles plus other swag.

MoT

http://www.dgsociety.com

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

SWEET!! I'm running a 'Fortress America' event!
    I GETTA' RING!!
    & IT"S NOT BROWN!!!

14. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

I don't understand. The brown ring is the best of the lot and a personal favorite.

MoT

15. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'll be happy to have a brown ring. Or the green one. I'll probably skip the nakedness - I don't want to clear the room with that awful sight. :)

16. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm running two dead games: Rules Cyclopedia D&D, and Alternity. :)

17. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Xan, You'll be getting a Red DM PRoG with 2 die slots filled. See you there.

MoT

18. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Anyone interested in playing Mechwarrior, the clix game from Wizkids? I believe it is considered a "dead game". I could bring a lot of figures so people could build armies, or people could bring their own to compete against others. When I would be able to run depends on what events I get into (as no one really knows at this point). Just gauging interest, so I can get a PRoG. :D

19. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Find me at the con and I'll have one for you (While supplies last).

MoT

20. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Is it possible to get one with a Gygaxaurus? (did I wrote it correctly?)